• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carriers

lauras

Young Bun
Hi there,

What is the best carrier for a rabbit? We have one that is plastic and has a lid on the top.

Now Bob will have 3 legs we were thinking of a cat carrier so he can just walk in. Is this ok as I wasnt sure if rabbits needed to be in the dark?

Also I know Bob hates that blue one now as he knows hes going somewhere bad (the vets) so Id like to get him a new one that he doesnt associate with bad things

I still think a top opening one is easier for any bunny. If he has trouble balancing in the carrier you can pad it out with towels. But I am sure in time he will adapt and be like any 4 legged bunny :)

i agree with top opening ones, i never use the front doors, vet has gotten used to me opening the top, just as they reach for main door soo now they know what i prefer :lol:

Back