• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay situation not looking good

Candiflare

Mama Doe
The buns have been on rationed hay for the past three days, and had NONE today. So far: All the places I usually get it from have run out, I have ordered some, but it hasn't come... my car isn't working and all the public transport routes are cut off (apart to places that don't sell hay!) and nobody in the village can drive me out...

How badis it that they don't have hay until I can next get it?

Are there any alternatives?

Can anyone think of a plan?

:( oh dear. Sorry I can't think of anything as you seem completely snowed in and cut off. Unless there is a ru member with a 4x4 nearby who could get to you with some. I am sure the buns will be OK if the have pellets fruit and veg for a few days. I'm out of fruit and veg but mine have pellets, hay and oats in warm water to see them through.

Good luck.
Rabswood

Is it possible for cars t get to you? I know that you cant get out but if I understand correctly, its only because your car wont start.

My OH is off at the mo, if cars can get in, I will get him to bring you some if we can find anywhere that still has some, I need him to get us some as we have been using expensive stuff fro the shops, been meaning to find somewhere that sells it by the bale, we are in Bedford but he is from Oxford so knows it pretty well

Thanks for ur reply... I'm trying to add up whether I should get a taxi (at a cost of £20 each way) into the town I know has hay, or whether it'll be okay to coast on no hay for a couple of days?

Is it possible for cars t get to you? I know that you cant get out but if I understand correctly, its only because your car wont start.

My OH is off at the mo, if cars can get in, I will get him to bring you some if we can find anywhere that still has some, I need him to get us some as we have been using expensive stuff fro the shops, been meaning to find somewhere that sells it by the bale, we are in Bedford but he is from Oxford so knows it pretty well

Oh hun that is so sweet of you! It takes about 2 hours to get from Bedford to Oxford though, and even then I'm over the west side of oxfodshire!!

Think I am going to pay for a taxi to get to Hurricain Honey's house!

Ive been out today and the roads are fine and clear around Oxford. A34 and main roads. I ventured out of my road in first gear but, after that, it was fine. I picked up two bags of hay and 4 bags of SS. They are expecting more hay tomorrow at Alisons animals.

It looks as though its thawing too.

Why not order some hay from the Hay Experts as it usually comes fairly soon.

Im happy for you to have some of my hay, but how can we hook up. Im in Summertown. Where does your OH work?

Lorraine, thanks so much.

LUCKILY, word got round charlbury and someone in the village picked up two bales for me... I hear we're getting more snow tomorrow so hopefully that won't effect travel the rest of the week when I (inevitably) run out again. I just can't seem to get somewhere to bulk buy - I never did in the past, it's just now when you realise you need it!

My OH works all over the country so most of the time comes through Woodstock/Enstone on his way back..

I was going to offer to drive to Woodstock as the roads through will be clear, but you sound as if you are okay for now.

Oh hun that is so sweet of you! It takes about 2 hours to get from Bedford to Oxford though, and even then I'm over the west side of oxfodshire!!

Think I am going to pay for a taxi to get to Hurricain Honey's house!

So glad your sorted for now. Hope you get the car fixed quickly

Back