• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upset today, Missing Widget

Benjybunnyboo

Alpha Buck
:cry::cry::cry:
Ive cried this morning as im missing Widget who passed 20.12.09.
I look at his hutch and i still cant empty it. Its exactly as he left it with food in his bowl too and his favourite cushion.:(
I know im making it worse by not emptying it but it seems so final.
Im also finding it hard thinking of him buried in my garden, cold and alone and i know i shouldnt but i keep thinking of what his happening to him. I wish id had him cremated, but he died on a sunday and i couldnt hang on to him till morning, that would have been worse.

Thank you for listening, i needed to express myself to people who understand how i feel x

Awh, Hugs its awful when a bun passes

The way I see it is that the body of my bunny is just a vessel , although a very cute vessel, it is the spirit and soul of the rabbit that I have come to know and love. After illness I feel that it is only right to release them from the painful body that it is trapped in. With sudden death, such as Autumn, I have to remember that rabbits are prey animals and hide illness well.

Although I look at photos and remember my animals it is the spirit that I think of more, that I wonder what they would think (which I do with my bunnies that are still with me), what they would do, and how they would react., especially when getting another bun.

I easy the loss by planting memorials to the lost animal. For Autumn I got day lillies in a colour called red Autumn.

I left Chelsea's room exactly as it was for weeks.(she died on 8th Dec2009) There's no rush- do it when you're ready. One day you will feel you need to do it-you may get upset but you will have a sense of moving forward when you do.
If you really feel you want it done but can't do it yourself then perhaps someone else could do it for you?.

Chelsea is buried in the front garden- I like to think she is in a very special type of burrow.
When I feel ready (and the snow clears) I will plant something in her memory-probably a hydrangea with beautiful pink flowers as she often used to sit under a hydrangea in the back garden in the summertime.-sue x

I am so sorry you are feeling so sad today {{{hugs}}} It just shows how truly special Widget was that you miss him so much.

I lost three bunnies last year and one of them was at the end of January and I keep thinking about her as the date gets nearer, it doesn't matter how many bunnies you have it's never easy when you lose one.

Sending you hugs.

the point you made about talking to people who understand how you feel really hit home to me. None bunny people just dont get it but I guess it, I would like to say its anyone with pets that get it but it isnt even that.

We did have Bungle cremated and he is in the house with us because thats where he lived. My uncle, who adores his dog, absolutely wet himself when he saw the urn. Really upsetting.

We also have photos of only Bungle in the digi photo frame and its good to watch it sometimes. We also built Bungle Palace because any other buns we get are there because of him.

We believe that Bungle came to us for a reason, his life had already been saved twice from the cat and I cannot believe that to get through that and then die during neutering, its almost like he wasnt supposed to live but used his short life to teach us about buns. We are now hoping to become foster parents. We still get very emotional over losing him, he was out real baby but we celebrate him by giving homes to other buns.

Perhaps its still early but maybe you could do something like that too. It really helps us.

I really feel for you though and I am glad that this is such a supportive forum.

hugs for you....

i am sorry for your loss. but widget's earthly remains are not him - he has moved on to the bridge, where he can wait happily until you see him again. don't worry about him, he's safe.

don't rush to move his things if you don't want to. and when you feel like remembering him sorrowfully, because you miss him, allow yourself to do that. it shows how much he meant to you.

i like the idea of planting memorial flowers. that would be a nice thing to do when the weather improves. and the 'special kind of burrow' is a lovely thought - it suggests a safe place, too.

love is so important, i don't think it ends just because our bodies have to.

Thank you all so very much for your lovely words. I knew i would feel better after reading your posts.
I do have some plans that i would like to do when weather gets better and make a lovley memorial over where Widget lays, with maybe a potted flower or a statue of some kind.
I to believe our spirits live on, but am finding it hard to remember that at the mo, but it does give me comfort at times.
I have got my other Bun, Benjy neautered and will eventually joing both hutches to make an 8ft double hutch and take Benjy to RSPCA to choose his girlfriend.

Thank you all once again <3<3

I know how you feel. I still cry for Timmy every day and his coat is still hanging on the back of the dining room chair.

I have his ashes back but they have brought me no comfort and I still haven't ordered his memorial stone. I can't bring myself to do it as it would make it all so real and final :(

Sending you hugs xxx

I know how you feel. I still cry for Timmy every day and his coat is still hanging on the back of the dining room chair.

I have his ashes back but they have brought me no comfort and I still haven't ordered his memorial stone. I can't bring myself to do it as it would make it all so real and final :(

Sending you hugs xxx

I feel for you. I was shocked when i read about Timmy at the bridge. I hope time heals and memorys beome easier to think about. You have all of our support here :love:

Back