• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nocturnal bunny!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Snowdrop used to be wonderful to have in our bedroom, she would settle under the bed and not make any noise all night. Now she sleeps under the bed all day and binkies all night. She makes so much noise we cant sleep and last night my OH had had enough so me and Snowdrop came down to sleep on the sofa. Well I tried to sleep, she binkied all over the living room and made just as much noise but at least my OH and next door couldnt hear it!

I need to stay home from work and chase her round all day to keep her awake so she sleeps at night! She is driving us mad but its so hard to tell her off when she is binkying.

Golly, what a nightmare. We only managed to keep Bungle in the room for one night he was so noisey. Didnt mind the binkying too much it was laying there listening to him eat the carpet that kept me awake. Im sure he was doing it on purpose :lol:

I sympathise. My two can be noisy monsters at night too :roll:

I find myself getting up regularly to give them big handfuls of treat hay to keep them quiet ... I know that's propbably stupid as they'll learn noise = hay :oops: but at least I get to go back to sleep again afterwards!

It so annoying! She used to be so good but has become alot more active recently and its driving us mad! We have wooden flooring which makes it twice as loud!

My indoor bunnies seem much more miscievious during the winter when they can't go outside ....the fresh air seems to work miracles to tire them out !!

My indoor bunnies seem much more miscievious during the winter when they can't go outside ....the fresh air seems to work miracles to tire them out !!

Snowdrop isnt allowed outside anyways so she isnt used to fresh air. She just seems very naughty at the minute. I am hoping bonding will help as she will have someone to play with during the day and Bungle is a good example as he is great at night time.

Mine only try to get my attention by misbehaving about 6 or 7am (their breakfast time) and in the evening at their dinnertime. :lol:

Bunnies are their most active at night, so she is being normal. My TJ got thrown out of my bedroom because he was noisy and he then spent the night asleep outside my bedroom door on the landing. Daisy is now in my room, but she sleeps at night because she is elderly and poorly.

I would just move her out the room.

Bunnies are their most active at night

Mine arn't. I always thought bunnies were active at dusk and dawn (crepuscular?) as that's a good time for wildies to find food. Mine are always active at dusk and dawn. Noon and midnight they snooze.

Back