• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mrs Bobtail

Hi,I've taken in all kinds of animals over the years and have friends in various rescues.
I am always studying about animals via books,courses etc having witnessed a lot of cruelty over the years so being on a forum withy animal lovers will be a good experience for me I am sure.
I love rabbits and have several breeds at present,mine are all house bunnies with access to the garden in good weather.
I would love to take a job in animal care but at present care for several family members full time who have disbilities so in the meantime I dedicate my spare time to taking in unwanted and unloved animals,I am lucky in having family and friends who can help if need be.
I am always keen to hear other peoples experiences with animals,ie rabbits,as I like to give my animals the best and any help I can give or be given to me is most welcome.
My main question at the moment is,a general one,I would love an Angora rabbit,and as have never had one before any advice from a angora,breeder,keeper would be marvellous for when I do get one.
Thankyou

I don't know much about Angora bunnies. Hunny is my only rabbit I have ever had and I am planning to get a male Netherland dward bunny soon as I can. I am like you when it comes to taking care of God's creation. I even had a pet oppossum that had no eyes. I rescued him as a baby crossing the road and noticed that he had empty eyeball sockets so I took him home and tube fed him and kept him and he turned out to be a beautiful oppossum that I named Ziggy Piggy. I have always taken in injured animals. It is like they seem to find me. I despise animal cruelty also though I feel hunting is a more humane way to get meat rather than how horrible and awful it is how our beef is slaughtered and chickens etc raised for human consumption. I do have a motto, if you are not going to eat it, don't shoot it. After having such a cute sweet oppossum like Ziggy, I cannot imagine how people can eat them. I know that oppossum is a popular food in the south. I don't like to hear about rabbits being eaten either.

Back