• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella screamed

Loula

Mama Doe
:(:(

Do bunnies have nightmares? Bella was flopped out fast asleep on my OH and all of a sudden screamed. It was the most horrible sound I've ever heard. She didn't move after, just carried on asleep. Until I woke her in a panic :oops: She seems absolutely fine/completely normal. I gave her a few treats and she's back to being flopped out on the sofa.

Is it anything I should be worried about? It's definately not a sound I want to hear again :(:shock:

:wave: Don't know - have heard it once when my first doe died and it's haunted me ever since, didn't know they did it while dreaming but, I suppose it's feasible as I have read that they can do it in extreme fear aswell. If she up and about and fine I wouldn't worry too much, someone will come along and probably say it is a dream or nightmare I should say x

That's very odd :shock: It's not unusual to see a bun twitching in sleep but I haven't heard of them screaming before. Dreaming does seem a likely conclusion though if she was sleeping prior to it and was normal when she woke. How weird!

Obviously keep an eye for any other odd behaviour though in case there is anything else going on.

aww poor thing, I hope she's ok.

When I was a teen I rescued a wildie kitt from a stoat (stupid I know) but I heard that cry & I just reacted. That was nearly 20 yrs ago but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

The sound is similar to a baby screaming - it's heart-wrenching & I really feel for you, it's certainly not something I'd want to hear again :(

I've never heard of a bun making that noise in their sleep though.

The first I knew Bungle was in the house was when we heard screaming coming from upstairs. What an awful sound. I hope it was a dream and not a sharp pain or something but she would have woken up if it were not just carried on sleeping.

Hope it doesnt happen again.

Never heard of it but i suppose it is feasible. My dogs howl in their sleep sometimes when they have nightmares and i know buns can dream so maybe that is what it was. Must have been very scary for you :(. At least she is up and about though and seems okay :)

i would get her check out by the vet to be honest just to make sure she's not in any discomfort, rabbits are so good about lying when their unwell. a screaming rabbit is not natural. *shudders* ralph screamed several times when he was gasping for air, everytime i thought that was him away :( it's either that our she's scared herself and forgotten where she was.

TJ let out an awful scream when I went towards him with a syringe. It was after he had left the vets after being syringe fed for a couple of days. It obviously traumatised him. It was an awful sound.

My rabbit Keegan did this when he was dying, I will never ever forget the sound :cry: Never heard it in a sleeping rabbit hope she is ok.

She's still absolutely fine today. We stayed up until about 3am with her and then up early this morning to keep an eye on her and she's still being her usual naughty self. Still eating (like a piggy), pooping, weeing.

It was so horrible because I instantly assumed that she would be in pain/fear but she literally didn't flinch. Just carried on sleeping. When she sleeps usually I think she often dreams coz she twitches lots and flaps her feet around. She must have an overactive imagination :lol:

I had to wake her up she was in that deep a sleep and just got up, took (snatched!) a couple of fenugreek crunchies from me, groomed my face and then flopped back on the sofa.

She's still absolutely fine today. We stayed up until about 3am with her and then up early this morning to keep an eye on her and she's still being her usual naughty self. Still eating (like a piggy), pooping, weeing.

It was so horrible because I instantly assumed that she would be in pain/fear but she literally didn't flinch. Just carried on sleeping. When she sleeps usually I think she often dreams coz she twitches lots and flaps her feet around. She must have an overactive imagination :lol:

I had to wake her up she was in that deep a sleep and just got up, took (snatched!) a couple of fenugreek crunchies from me, groomed my face and then flopped back on the sofa.

Awww :love:

Back