• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone use vetbed?

MiniMadTez

Mama Doe
I was thinking about putting vet bed or similar in Moochs cage instead of megazorb. The bottom of the cage is plastic and when he is jumping in and out he slides. I am scared that if he misjudges the jump or anything he may end up hurting himself. I have also noticed afew times if he has moved the megazorb and is directly on the plastic he struggles to stand back up from lying down due to his feet being so hairy and just slipping on the plastic.

As well as that, he is so hairy that the megazorb sticks to him and he trails it all round the room.

Would this be suitable do you think?

Vet Bed Ebay Link

Any advice/opinions welcome! :wave:

:wave: I bought a piece for my carrier and Gizmo has it now - not fussed either way with it, I think it's good stuff but, not for buns who like to chew. I found some nice grass mats on the hayexperts web site (quite cheap aswell) and they are good and reasonably natural, if they get nibbled it won't hurt the bunny. If I find the link I will post it for you, it could even be cut if it's too small or you could use two.

Thanks.

I don't think Mooch would chew it, he's not really much of a chewer apart from sometimes stealing the dogs toys, or the time he chomped through the internet cable, but I'm sure that was to tell me I'm on the computer too much! :lol:

He likes lying on the carpet so I thought that soft vet bed might be nice for him when he has to be in his cage.

Thanks.

I don't think Mooch would chew it, he's not really much of a chewer apart from sometimes stealing the dogs toys, or the time he chomped through the internet cable, but I'm sure that was to tell me I'm on the computer too much! :lol:

He likes lying on the carpet so I thought that soft vet bed might be nice for him when he has to be in his cage.

It's probably a nice comfy one for him then, I think it may be on sale at PAH so it's worth shopping around online, bit late now but, someone will probably recommend the best deal for you, Hayexperts do the vetbed aswell here is a link to the site but, have a browse around..... https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Tun...t=3a&page=1&osCsid=lvff7ka67651vmi2hpfnk1pco0

I tried to use vet bed for my two as my boy is a Rex, so thought it would be nice for his feet.
They hated it & attacked it! Biting, scratching & scruffling it up. When I persisted they chewed holes in it & I was too worried about them ingesting it so I gave up at that point.
All I could do was laugh as here I was trying to be a good, kind bunny Mum & they were very clear about what they thought.
Some people on here cover it with a pillow case I believe so I may try that in the future when they have forgotten about the intruding furry stuff.
I'm also sure some peoples buns love the stuff so I guess it depends.
My cats were the winners in the end.......they love it.

My two are currently flopped out on it on the top shelf of their NIC setup :D I also use a piece in their carrier!

I use it extensively, especially as it's winter. :lol:
I've got 6 bits of it that I alternate when one's being washed. :D

How do you guys wash it? I was going to wash ours (inside a duvet, after hoovering, am obsessive about breaking the machine) but we can't get it in the washing machine. :?

Just out of curiosity do people wash theirs using washing powder or just on a wash cycle and no detergents?

I wash mine with non-biological powder, because otherwise I find it's not completely cleaned. I hand washed it for the first five washes though, as of fluffyness!

My two have profleece (a different version of vet bed) and they seem to like it :D I wash it on its own with a biological washing liquid - I just put it in the 30 min fast wash.

My two have profleece (a different version of vet bed) and they seem to like it :D I wash it on its own with a biological washing liquid - I just put it in the 30 min fast wash.

Is profleece just the same?

It has to be non slip as it would be going in Moochs cage, and the way he jumps in and out it may slide about.

Going to have a look online and see where is the best value for money.

I can't get ours in the bloody machine though. Not the large bit the lops have anyway. Am going to have to go to a laundrette.

I'm concerned that if I cut it to get it in the machine then it wont go back on their shelf nicely. :? It's only a little damp in one corner so it's not urgent but I would like to get it done soon. I'll just have to go to the laundrette when I get some money.

I'm concerned that if I cut it to get it in the machine then it wont go back on their shelf nicely. :? It's only a little damp in one corner so it's not urgent but I would like to get it done soon. I'll just have to go to the laundrette when I get some money.

Sorry, what I meant was, how possible would it be to cut?

I was going to order a large bit and cut it to fit Moochs cage. Would it make a mess of it if I tried cutting it?

Thanks

Back