• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wont go back in the shed

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Every night Em and Muffin want to stay out later and later. O/H has just been out again to try to get them in but they are just not having it.

They will go in ONLY when they are ready, last night it was 10.30.

The good thing is there is no access to the garden from the front of the house and the back of the garden is joined by another garden that has no front access so they are safe, I am just worried because they have been out there all day. I do put some hey in a container for them, do you think they will be ok?

im going to have to ground them at this rate

get a tin with pellets in and shake it then give them a couple.. then go into the shed and shake.. they will come running to the noise within a few days;)

keep it the same time each night too.... some time down the line they will be waiting at the shed for the pellets at bed time :D

ha,will have to try that from tomorrow, as soon as they saw us coming, they went in, just as I thought, they will go in when they are good and ready,

I get mine in at dusk every night so the time changes throughout the year. It's when I get them their main meal of the day, so I carry a large container with me, rattle it a bit, show them the veg in it if necessary and they run into the shed after me!

get a tin with pellets in and shake it then give them a couple.. then go into the shed and shake.. they will come running to the noise within a few days;)

keep it the same time each night too.... some time down the line they will be waiting at the shed for the pellets at bed time :D[/QUOTE
This works for me every night

I know a way to get them in easily. Will go through it with you on Thursday. I nevr have trouble getting mine in.:D:D

I get mine in at dusk every night so the time changes throughout the year. It's when I get them their main meal of the day, so I carry a large container with me, rattle it a bit, show them the veg in it if necessary and they run into the shed after me!

I do the same. I sometimes put the greens down and go 'Hmmm greens, nom nom nom' too:oops:!

Muppet has time in the garden before I go to work and sometimes would hide under bushes where I couldnt get at him :roll: I used to have to get my yellow broom out to poke him out from underneath.

These days he pretty much comes in when it's time (he knows the routine: pellets, him in the garden whilst I clean litter tray etc, then he comes in for veg and I go to work). Getting a routine together really does work!

BUT the funny thing is, if I want him to come in some other time, I can spend 10-15 mins trying to persuade him and he wont have it. But the minute I get the yellow broom out and show it to him, he just hops in :lol: I think he's decided I dont really mean it unless he can see the broom.

Muppet has time in the garden before I go to work and sometimes would hide under bushes where I couldnt get at him :roll: I used to have to get my yellow broom out to poke him out from underneath.

These days he pretty much comes in when it's time (he knows the routine: pellets, him in the garden whilst I clean litter tray etc, then he comes in for veg and I go to work). Getting a routine together really does work!

BUT the funny thing is, if I want him to come in some other time, I can spend 10-15 mins trying to persuade him and he wont have it. But the minute I get the yellow broom out and show it to him, he just hops in :lol: I think he's decided I dont really mean it unless he can see the broom.

Haha, thats so funny. They are just like small children arent they? Didnt get chance to start their new routine tonight as they already put themselves in the shed really early. Amazing!

Back