• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

on average how often...

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
does your bunny visit their stash of hay..

im sorry if my banging on about pearl is boring people but my inexperience is really playing on my mind.

pearl will eat all of her breakfast veg and some time between 8am and 11am she will visit the litter tray and have a munch.

then nothing all day unless i take them a leaf of veg or give in and give them a tiny amount of pellets.

today she visited the hay about 5pm and i dont think she did before that

nothing since..

i will lock them up at 11pm with pellets, and she will get her final dose of diruetics for the day *fingers crossed*

i assume she eats hay through the night when the need to pee kicks in.

its just so not like her to stay away from the litter tray, i know she is dying and i know it will take so much energy to jump from the bed to go eat or even jump off the carrier during the day..

im just struggling to get my head round a sick bunny and i would like to know if i need to up her other food to compensate for her lack of hay interest. :? or does her daily routine sound ok? :?

Awww hun try not to worry too much, Lionel is not eating much hay either before that he would spend half the day in the litter tray munching on hay, i think its just too much effort to jump in the tray. I am giving him more of other food but thats only because he is loosing weight :?

pearl had only lost just over 100g since she was last weighed so i dont think shes losing weight rapidly. i dont want to stress her by weighing her myself either :?

pearl had only lost just over 100g since she was last weighed so i dont think shes losing weight rapidly. i dont want to stress her by weighing her myself either :?

I am supposed to be weighing him every other day but he gets in a right flap about it so i'm not doing it as often.

It varies...they pretty much stay under the bed all day, they might visit it once of twice during daytime or not at all, but they pop in and out a few times during the evening. There's often nothing left in the morning so i presume a lot of midnight snacking goes on!

Muffin eats very little, he has been a wory since we got him and as he lives with piggy porky Emily it shows up even more. The thing to remember is that hunger will drive him so he will eat what he needs. He might not feel like pigging out but he wont starve :love:

Pepper had a really awful period where she wouldn't eat any hay or veg. I was out buying all sorts of new veg and differet types of hay to see if something else would tempt her. The vet reassured me that as long as she ate her pellets she would be getting all the fibre she needed, so we had to increase her pellets. Luckily for her she got over whatever was bothering her, but I know how worrying and stressful it can be.

Faline goes back to it all day long, she's a hay monster, but Molly only seems to have a munch a couple of times a day. He was a terror for not eating hay when he was younger, got him onto it by mixing in readygrass as he loves the stuff.

Donna does she lie in a particular place? Maybe a handful of hay there if she has a tendency to spend her time somewhere specific X

Jack hardly eats hay, Gizmo eats it a lot almost always got something in his mouth! Jazz wasnt a big hay eater.

Binky free jazz :cry:

Donna does she lie in a particular place? Maybe a handful of hay there if she has a tendency to spend her time somewhere specific X

either on the carrier or in the carrier or on my bed. i could try that, she loves her hay which is why im struggling so much.. if it was Alvin id not be so upset by the lack of interest :cry:

stress of weighing

How good are you bathroom scales? If your buns really stress at being weighed, weigh yourself without bun, then pick up bun and weigh yourself with. May not be right to the last gram, but over time it might be better than stressing an ill bun. You have to stand in the same position both times, though, so make sure it is a good position for cuddling a bun while squinting at the dial....

Good luck

How good are you bathroom scales? If your buns really stress at being weighed, weigh yourself without bun, then pick up bun and weigh yourself with. May not be right to the last gram, but over time it might be better than stressing an ill bun. You have to stand in the same position both times, though, so make sure it is a good position for cuddling a bun while squinting at the dial....

Good luck

i dont have bathroom scales.. thats a whole new obsession i refuse to go into :lol::lol:

If you think getting to the hay is part of the problem, could you make some ramps so it's easier for Pearl to get around?

i have to say everytime i go into to see my 3, teddy will be guarenteed to be sitting on top of the house not munching. she's straight down as soon as you put fresh stuff in. it could be when she hears me opening the door she jumps onto the house and had been eating.

If you think getting to the hay is part of the problem, could you make some ramps so it's easier for Pearl to get around?

i think its more the energy side of things rather than the getting about, she jumps up on the carrier just fine but doesnt seem to want to move unless im about with treats, then she acts like a totally well rabbit until she loses her breath.

there was some lovely golden pearl like poops this morning so i think she caught up with hay munching through the night :love:

does anyone know how quick diruetics rid the body of excess fluid?

Back