• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Rabbits inside

Kimjeal

New Kit
Hi

My two male rabbits that are nearly one years old live outside in the big hutch which is inside an avery.They come and go ut of their hutch twenty four severn. As it is snowing and very cold at the moment i have been bringing them into the house when i am at home. I have them in a baby play pen each in my frnt room with food, water, toys, toilet, etc. I am wondering if it will do them any harm by this. I put them back outside in their hutch at night when i go to bed. Is it bad for them to keep them in the warm then take them back out into the cold late at night. They seem happy enough but a bit more chilled out than usual but still very playful at times.

In a word - YES! They should either be inside or outside all of the time at the moment. It sounds like they have a fab set up outside, so they'll have their nice thick winter coats and will be able to deal with the cold well. If you're worried that they're cold, you should make sure they have lots of bedding and perhaps a snugglesafe as well.

Hi :wave:

Welcome to RU.The proplem is as you suspect, the different temperature. They will have their winter coats so its like bringing in a child and them running around inside with their coats on on then putting them outside again.

They just get used to one temp and then they get put outside again where they cant run around.

Buns are very sensitive to changes in temp and this will be shock after shock to them which isnt good.

You did a good thing joining this site, there are lots of people here who can help you with bunny info.

Back