• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do any of your buns make noises?? :/

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Charlie has been making a noise when he is upset or scared, when I first got him he did some thumping but he always does a little squeal/sneezy noise beforehand??

Ive just been upstairs where hes free-ranging (chewing my wardrobe) and I think I scared him cos he didnt hear me coming and he did the same noise - bit like a dog whimper :? and scarpared back to his cage..

I just told my OH that Charlie talks and he just was :?: :roll: so I thought I better ask you lot!!

Oreo and Sooty have never said a word!!

Alvin grunts and buzzes

pearl does that teeth grinding purr when fussed :love: she has recently started making a squeaking noise when i grab her to do her meds, i think i hurt her now. which is why she runs from me everytime now :cry::cry::cry:

Artie buzzes :love:

Scrat was a very vocal bunny she used to buzz really loudly:love: but she also did a kind of sigh/wimper noise as well - when I was pushing her into a carrier usually, she did it once when I had to sit her in an inch of water and she was whining like a dog, proper crying :(

I've heard Tinks do a proper growl as well - quite shocked me to hear it, even though I'd heard rabbits did growl I didn't expect it to be so loud :shock:. It was her first morning here and she must have been really scared, poor bubba.

Alvin grunts and buzzes

pearl does that teeth grinding purr when fussed :love: she has recently started making a squeaking noise when i grab her to do her meds, i think i hurt her now. which is why she runs from me everytime now :cry::cry::cry:

Oh, im so sorry for you, it must be so tough

Belle coos when she is dozing or relaxed. Sounds like she is singing - very sweet.:love:
Both of them thump if they hear a funny sound.

Millie makes snorty/grunty noises. She does it when she grooms herself, I wondered if it is because she is a tad overweight?

ive had easier periods in my life :( i wish i had the strength to stop all meds and let nature take her sooner, but im selfish and dont want her to go :oops:

I can understand that, I have seen that you are doing everything possible to make sure that she has the best quality of life while she is still here, its just such a shame that they dont always understand. What makes my heart go out to you is when you said she runs away. I really feel for you. Your doing a great job, dont feel bad.

Lola is a ridiculously noisy bunny! She 'whiffles' constantly and hums round my ankles :D

Rambo, I only hear when I'm scratching his head and he's 'purring' :love:

Yes Wally does this squeek / wheez sometimes when I go to pick him up. He also makes it when Lilly is picking on him, it's a very sad little noise :(

Squidgy grunts and growls a lot, bless him. He doesn't realise that 1kg of toofless nethie isn't scary :roll: He also squeaks sometimes!

Brian honks like a goose when he is about to get frest hay, or greens, or pellets, or grass.... just anything to eat in general.
Molly tooth grinds when she is being stroked, and then just nips me if I annoy her.
I guess they just like expressing themselves. :love::love:

Tibbs growls when I stop her from doing something she knows is naughty (chewing the skirtings is the latest:roll:), she also very occasionally buzzes.

Echo buzzes ALL the time, and it's really loud!! He makes a strange squeak/sneeze sound before he thumps too. He's a very noisy boy - but then aren't they all!! :lol::lol:

Both mine make little "rrrrr!" noises if we're having a disagreement :lol: Usually comes with me wanting to check bottoms and them not being keen!

Faith does little grunts sometimes just because too. :)

Phillip grunts & then bites my kittens if they're annoying him..

& he makes a cute little squeek noise as he headbutts me if I'm not paying him any attention. He also does that if I'm giving him food.. any type apart from hay that is :lol:

He's very rarely thumped. the only time I've really heard it was when I 1st brought him home and put him in his cage & one of my kittens tried to walk across the top.
I still discourage this but he doesn't thump anymore if they do.

He squealed once when I was trying to give him medicine though, I was holding him tight to stop him wriggling & I know I hurt him amd I felt awful about it :oops:
When I put him down he grunted & bit me on my arm & it really hurt. I left him be to calm down & he was fine within a few minutes - he's never bit me since but he's funny about me picking him up now :(
I knew it was my own fault & due to my inexperience though so I didn't react or do anything to show him I was in pain or upset - which I hoped was the right thing to do.

Back