• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many times has your insurance paid out for a dental.

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
not the more serious teeth removal type op, i expect my insurance to cover something like this.. but teeth filing under GA?

mine have paid once but then told me they wont cover any further teeth clipping :?:?

so how many times have you claimed for a dental and Pet plan have paid up???

how was it worded on the claim form?

im not impressed that Alvin isnt covered yet it seems they pay other peoples regulary :evil:

They would not cover Sora's, I did ask them over the phone and they said no, Petplan do not cover rabbit teeth filing/burring.

I must not have asked nicely enough, but it is annoying that some people seem to be covered for it and I had to shell out £125 :?

I didn't think Pet Plan paid out for ordinary dentals mainly from other threads on here and having a look through their info while at the vets! That was the main reason I didn't take out insurance and just save each month!

I don't insure my bunnies, because all the insurance companies I looked at didn't cover dentals, the only problem my bunnies seem to have :roll:. Oh well, life goes on!

A bit scared now. I was under the impression they did :shock:

No, I'm pretty sure dentals are not covered by any of the major insurers, it is stipulated in the documentation. However, it seems some people have claimed in the past. Come to think of it though, you were one of the people I got the impression from (obviously wrongly) so maybe not! I think some people have been lucky to be honest.

this isnt getting the answers i was expecting :shock: i should of done a poll maybe

so far we have.

1 - paid up as a goodwill gesture, yet stated no more will be covered.
1 - refusal to pay up.

They paid for Poppy's but this seems to be the exception. From what I gather the rule seems to be if the bun is suffering an illness Stasis etc, which is caused by dental problems it's sometimes covered, they won't pay routine dentals :roll:

No, I'm pretty sure dentals are not covered by any of the major insurers, it is stipulated in the documentation. However, it seems some people have claimed in the past. Come to think of it though, you were one of the people I got the impression from (obviously wrongly) so maybe not! I think some people have been lucky to be honest.
Cherry definately wasn't insured for dentals, due to symptoms starting during the first two weeks of cover, where as I claimed for Frankie's just before Christmas and they paid out,so I ma rather confused.

They paid for Poppy's but this seems to be the exception. From what I gather the rule seems to be if the bun is suffering an illness Stasis etc, which is caused by dental problems it's sometimes covered, they won't pay routine dentals :roll:

how many times have you claimed for a dental?

Cherry definately wasn't insured for dentals, due to symptoms starting during the first two weeks of cover, where as I claimed for Frankie's just before Christmas and they paid out,so I ma rather confused.

I think you were quite lucky to be honest. In 9 out of 10 cases they don't pay out. Maybe they have started paying out for the first one? Not sure?

did you claim and get paid more than once for a dental?

Just once, but she hasn't needed another. I rung and they said they would pay if she needed any more though :?

what did you and the vet put on the claim form.. it must have something to do with how its worded..

mine deffo said molar filing tho not trimming :?

what did you and the vet put on the claim form.. it must have something to do with how its worded..

mine deffo said molar filing tho not trimming :?

We could do with finding out exactly how each successful claim has been worded since they definitely do not cover molar spurs/filing.

It's weird because when I insured Rudy and told them that he'd had one dental they said that he wouldn't be covered for dentals because he has history. Therefore you would assume that if he hadn't got history he would be covered, otherwise they should have said, "We don't pay out for molar spur burring at all"..... leaving me with the impression that they do as long as there's no pre-existing history :?

Another thought - why would they put exclusions on Rudy for molar spur burring if they don't cover it anyway -there would be no need to make it an exclusion if they have a blanket policy of not paying out :?

Last edited:
did you claim and get paid more than once for a dental?
No, his first one was just before Christmas. However from readin on here I do try to avoid the words dental and filing. I also mentioned his symptoms. In addition to that. my vet sends the claim for, I don't know if that has a influence

I thought what Bunny Buddy said ^^^ that they will not cover pre exisiting, but will cover new.

Last edited:
Back