• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of rabbit spay!

deja224

Alpha Buck
How much do you pay to get your rabbits spayed I paid £92 for one of the boys last week and they want £125 for the femals :shock: there is 4 females who need doing i just cant afford it :cry: I have tried all the vets in the area that is the cheepist

Thats about right for my vets. I use another local one that is much cheaper, £45 for males and £55 for females.

I paid £108 for a spay all in just before Christmas but they are v good an bunny savvy I asked them to check her teeth while she was out as she'd been on a poor diet. They also used skin glue instead of stitches so v neat scar - important for those bikini days :D

My normal vet won't do rabbits because they say the GA is too high a risk! :roll: What a load of bobbins - Hope had a GA when she was 1.5kg and came out of it, and she's a French Lop. I know it's risky but they made it sound like certain death!

My normal vet won't do rabbits because they say the GA is too high a risk! :roll: What a load of bobbins - Hope had a GA when she was 1.5kg and came out of it, and she's a French Lop. I know it's risky but they made it sound like certain death!

It's frightening that so many vets are still so clueless :roll:

It cost me £94 a week ago to get Radish spayed. But they are a good bunny savvy vets who used glue instead of stitches, gave her a gut stimulant etc etc and they trimmed her nails for me whilst she was under for free.

Have you asked for a discount? My vets have said we can have two girls done for under £100 (usually £75 each). Have explained you need four done but can't afford their prices?

yes i have explained two of the girls need it more as they are very hormal to other bunnys but they cant offer help or discount and say i should rehome them as i cant afford it, what makes me angry is these two girls were dumped on our door step and i explained this they asked if i can prove it :evil:

it was years ago since lisa had a bun neutered, that being mowgli it was £45 back then, prices prob gone up since 7years ago so not sure now until she get Lox done
i think rosie was about £65 to spey back then

cas

Mollykins' spay was about £55 including all the pain relief/gut stimulant she was given etc.
The wound was very neat indeed and I never experienced any problems.

Phillip's was covered by the RSPCA but as I adopted him there I'm not sure if that was why they covered the cost - he was un-neutered when I adopted him because of medical complications - but it was my vet who suggested I ask them for a neuter voucher.

It might be worth asking your local branch if they can help by providing vouchers towards the cost if you can't afford it - if they can't help then all it'll cost you is a phone call anyway.

Which vets is that crysta?

Back