• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Only greens she will eat is herbs!

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Hi as a few of you will know, I have been weaning Bobby off so many pellets, and trying to get her to eat a bit more veg, She absolutley goes mad for the fresh herbs, like mint coriander and Dill. I have tried her with spring greens and a few other veg, but she is just not interested!:(

she eats loads of timothy and meadow hay, and has about a handful and a bit of junior pelletts at the mo.. (am cutting down gradually). she usually has her fresh herbs at tea time.

Poos are fine by the way, I am just worried that she may be lacking something in not having other veg. :)

I have had a couple of buns who obviously before they came to live with us had never had greens and it took a few weeks but now they love them. I would keep trying, she will eventually eat and enjoy them.

Have you tried sprouts? Try cutting them up so they are more bite sized and grate the carrot or chop it up in to small chunks.
Jimby is mainly on herbs with a either a sprout/small peice of carrot/small peice of broccoli/spring greens each day.
As long as bun is eating loads of hay you do not need to worry. :wave:

The herbs are more aromatic than the veg so that is probably what makes them more attractive.
Have you tried making a bit of a 'salad'?
Mix the herbs she likes with another chopped veg that you would like her to eat & maybe a bit of grated carrot.
Its also better to not introduce too many new veg at once as this may cause gut issues in some buns.
Sometimes its just an exposure thing, initially the bun is not interested because its new but once they are used to the taste, smell, texture etc of a new veg they are fine. But of course like us they develop favourite foods & some buns are fussier than others.
Good luck :)

Back