• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Icicles

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Just outside my patio doors

Ice1.jpg

ice4.jpg

They look beautiful

beautiful ...we have some very similar to the side of our front bay window ... there are some on the houses opposite us with single icicles over a foot long ..

ive never seen as many icicles around as there is this year

beautiful ...we have some very similar to the side of our front bay window ... there are some on the houses opposite us with single icicles over a foot long ..

ive never seen as many icicles around as there is this year

I haven't either.

The front of my house looks like a bungalow. There are icicles hanging from the guttering. Looks like those that people hang on their guttering at xmas that light up!

Wow they are beautiful :love:

When me and my boyfriend were going up to Fort William on the bus (31st Dec) We saw the most beautiful sites ever. The streams and mini waterfalls were completely frozen and looked gorgeous against the mountains and snow. Wish i could have taken pics :(

they are wonderful, are they hanging from a tree?

everyones houses around here have them apart from ours :? :lol: just make sure don't stand under them when they fall :shock:

cas

:love:
We have icicles ont eh rabbit hutch! :lol:
There was one over a foot long in the rabbit run. i broke it. i didnt want it to fall on tehm. :oops:

Absolutely beautiful :D

I have some giant icicles hanging from the guttering and window sills - the biggest one was over two feet long :shock: (I measured it :oops: ).

There is also a giant really thick monster icicle hanging from my leaky outside tap! I can't use the tap it's frozen solid, I tried to turn the water off from the connection inside but looking at the ever growing icicle doesn't look like I did. At least no burst pipe this year (the repair has caused the leaky tap).

Last edited:
WOW, my son would love them he was getting them off our windows but they werent nearly as impressive as them.

Wow they are soooo beautiful. What a lovely treat. Thank you rabswood.
We haven't had any here. Everything froze solid & is now thawing slowly without freezing again.

They are beautiful. We havent had any icicles here. I remember as a kid in the early 80s having big icicles off our house when it snowed and I was thinking "why arent there any icicles?". Obviously just not cold enough in Coventry or something!

Back