• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pedigree mini lops?

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
As we are getting 2 mini lops next week we have been doing a huge amount of research as we are only used to frenchies.I am amazed at the amount of pictures of "pedigree" mini lops which look so different to each other?

Our two have very square flat chunky faces which is what we saw at a rabbit show years ago,yet some people selling them as "pedigree" have akll sorts of shape faces too long ears, and just dont look right somehow?

What is the correct Mini lop Face??

(not that i mind at all it is more of an interest really?)

pedigree can just mean that the rabbits parents are all small lops, a proper show quality mini should have a broad head and a flat face

I think alot of people (backyard breeders etc.) get the breeds mixed up ive seen lots of dwarf lops being advertised at minilops, and dwarf lops being advertised as french lops...

Honey in my siggie is a pedigree minilop. Have you looked at the british rabbit council website.

Last edited:
my john in my siggie is full mini lop,,and his face is very different from say a dwarf or french lop

My Tinkerbell is supposed to be a good example of a minilop, she was used for breeding before i got her, not that i care, she just looks cute to me! :lol:

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

that is what the parents of ours look like. so some people just call little buns mini lops then!

Yep, and every pet rabbit with a small body and small ears is a nethie :roll: Usually small lops are called dwarf lops, because people think dwarf lops actually have the dwarf gene :lol:

Just to make it worse, in the USA they call them different things - I have a feeling they call a dwarf lop a 'minilop' and what we call a minilop, they call a Holland lop. If some of the pictures you've seen are from the US that could also explain some of the differences you've seen :)

My Tinkerbell is supposed to be a good example of a minilop, she was used for breeding before i got her, not that i care, she just looks cute to me! :lol:

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

She looks just like my Fizz!

Where are you getting your new bunnies from youngbunny? :)

Last edited:
Just to make it worse, in the USA they call them different things - I have a feeling they call a dwarf lop a 'minilop' and what we call a minilop, they call a Holland lop. If some of the pictures you've seen are from the US that could also explain some of the differences you've seen :)

Yep, same as our Polish is not the same as the american Polish, and american rhinelanders have similar markings to ours, but a completely different body shape/

She looks just like my Fizz!

Where are you getting your new bunnies from? :)

She does doesnt she! Shes not new i got her when i got Dreamer, she was a freeads bun that wouldnt take to the bucks anymore, so i rehomed her and had her spayed so she could live with Dreamer :)

She does doesnt she! Shes not new i got her when i got Dreamer, she was a freeads bun that wouldnt take to the bucks anymore, so i rehomed her and had her spayed so she could live with Dreamer :)

The pic in my sig looks quite different to her in the flesh, she looks even more like her :lol:

Im sorry I didnt type my first post very clear. I was asking the op of this thread where she was getting her mini lops from. :oops:

The pic in my sig looks quite different to her in the flesh, she looks even more like her :lol:

Im sorry I didnt type my first post very clear. I was asking the op of this thread where she was getting her mini lops from. :oops:

:lol: Oh sorry!!!! :oops:

Back