• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your partners/Oh's/Boyfriends etc think of your rabbits?

Rachel89

Mama Doe
I'm curious :wave:

Seppy refers to them as my children :oops: :lol:

Def prefers them to the horses but gets abit jelous, because they get so much attention.

Although he adores Blue, he buys him treats once a week and always comes back with new toys for them :lol:

:love:Mine loves them too and was always more for larger animals like dogs as pets but, even he has been amazed at the personalities they have and how much they interact and understand when I speak to them.:D

My husband gave me a really hard time when I told him I was adopting one, but then he doesn't live with me so I didn't really care what he thought :lol:

My mum has definatly grown to like the bunnies since i started uni in september 08. before then they annoyed her quite alot because i adored them and she couldnt see why, and didnt see why cleaning them out took so much time blah blah

And when Peanut was poorly she almost seemed to resent him because she always had to lift me to the vets and stuff, but when he got really ill it changed, and when he died she was meant to go to work straight after and she left early because she was so upset, and she cried alot when he died and i realised she does adore them aswell.

Not like I do, but she cares and knows why i care so much about them!

My dad is sort of indifferent, is fond of them but doesnt get involved.
My brother hates them! :lol:

My current OH is thinking of getting one himself! :lol: He's been really good with Hope too when he comes down, helping with her porridge and pellets.

Oh and I forgot to add, my boyfriend normally stays once a week but this week he stayed 3 nights because of how upset I am about Jazz :cry::cry: he has to go back to work now though. He is also taking me up to the vets with Jack on wednesday.

Awww :love:

I put up with my husband for 20 yrs, even gave up my cats to move in with him, & the only pets he let me have were hamsters & budgies (begrudgingly) & his tropical fish.

I finally kicked him out & moved kittens & bunny in....
Best thing I've ever done :lol::lol:

He loves them as much as me, and they're always OUR bunnies, not mine. :lol:

I came in the lounge earlier, OH's top was almost white with the fluff stuck on him, I asked him what he'd been doing - he answered 'hugging the babies'. :love:. Also Lavender was stomping her feet in the middle of the night a few days ago, he came downstairs to make sure she was ok, and apparently 'she just wanted a hug off her daddy'. He's such a softy!

He loves them as much as me, and they're always OUR bunnies, not mine. :lol:

I came in the lounge earlier, OH's top was almost white with the fluff stuck on him, I asked him what he'd been doing - he answered 'hugging the babies'. :love:. Also Lavender was stomping her feet in the middle of the night a few days ago, he came downstairs to make sure she was ok, and apparently 'she just wanted a hug off her daddy'. He's such a softy!

Awww!!

My OH is quite a softy with them really, he likes giving them cuddles and deffo loves his little man best, he feeds them and uncovers them and cuddles them etc. Hes so funny. :p

I do all the paying and buying though, they are MY rabbits which means I have to do all that.

We share them though, hes just a lazy sod. Why admit to sharing them when it only means you share half the cost and half the cleaning out?? :p

He pretends he dosen't like them, keeps making comments about 'that ball of fluff' and when we're having rabbit stew. Secretly he loves her to bits and will happily spend ages giving cuddles and talking to her (when he thinks I'm not looking) :) Tough shell outside, squishy marshmallow inside.

My OH doesn't really like the buns.
He is more of a dog person so he & the dog are really bonded.
The cats he pretends to be ambivalent towards but actually loves them. Its some weird 'hard man ' thing I think.
He will however help with bun claw clips etc & is good with that.
When one of my early buns - Tensing- died he did dig a grave for him, helped me bury him etc. Tried to cheer me up by taking me out to dinner a few days later etc.
So I suppose he at least acknowledges they are important to me.

My OH doesn't really like the buns.
He is more of a dog person so he & the dog are really bonded.
The cats he pretends to be ambivalent towards but actually loves them. Its some weird 'hard man ' thing I think.
He will however help with bun claw clips etc & is good with that.
When one of my early buns - Tensing- died he did dig a grave for him, helped me bury him etc. Tried to cheer me up by taking me out to dinner a few days later etc.
So I suppose he at least acknowledges they are important to me.

My dad does this! When they catsit for me [our two are a bit temperamental and like to fall out every so often, so sometimes boycat gets to go visit grandma and grandad and their hunk of fluff dog] my dad goes "urgh, bloody cat!" and then when he thinks me and my mum aren't watching he's giving him belly rubs and cheek scritches! :lol:

He does prefer the dog though. She comes crawling up on her belly to him for a fuss! :lol: She isn't afraid of him, she just thinks that if she grovels she'll get more of a cuddle!

My parents are not bunfans, but dad did drive me to Trafford when Hope went to have her dental to pick her up after it, so he's a big softie really!

My Husband loves Louie as much as I do. He feeds him, changes his litter and plays with him :D

My children are also the same :D

Adam will never admit to loving my 4 babies, but i can tell he does, especially Rainbow - he's the only one that Adam likes, but its only cos Rainbow's the only one that likes him :lol: He gets a bit annoyed/frustrated with the others sometimes but then other times he'll be lying on the floor in rabbit room talking to and fussing them through the bars - is that what someone who doesnt like rabbits does??? Me thinks not! :lol: He also does the whole baby talk thing to them - very comical to listen to! :lol:

I think he's just too "macho" to admit that he likes bunnies :lol:

Chris was actually the one who got me Kermit in the first place, so he created the monster!!

He totally adored Kermit and is the same with Herbie & Inca :), although i deffo love them more :)

He pretends he dosen't like them, keeps making comments about 'that ball of fluff' and when we're having rabbit stew. Secretly he loves her to bits and will happily spend ages giving cuddles and talking to her (when he thinks I'm not looking) :) Tough shell outside, squishy marshmallow inside.

My other half is the same as this. He loves her really and was as worried as me when she went to be spayed. He just likes to think he's a hard man :p

:lol:Ian loves Bobby, and he says that he got her for me, but when I get home from work they are always cuddled up and chatting.

He says himself that he didn't realise how much he would love her, as he has always had dogs. He thought that rabbits didn't have as much of a personality as they have. He thought I was exagerating when I spoke of my previous buns which I kept at mums.:love:

He is just as smitten, as is everyone else who visits. Bobby is a v confident bunny and will jump and sit on anyones lap!!! which is good as we have so many people coming in and out, and they all comment on what a lovley temprement she has:D

Back