• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how are bunnies behaving in this cold weather

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i'm really concerned about theo tonight, he's really not himself although i don't think it's anything medical it appears the cold is getting too him, he's just not keen on doing much. Ted and petal are completely fine but they've heavier coats than theo. really hate this weather :(

My two are fine, they seem to have a new spring of life and constantly binkying around playing :lol:

One of my nans seems to be not quite himself, hes not ill but not liking the cold.

Frankie was not having a good time and I brought him in last night.. the 2 pairs outside seem to be coping. Charlie was having a good time in the snow today. and the others were good, but Sophie decided to stay inside the outhouse. ALthough followed me to the kennel tonight:roll:

Cherry was having a hard time whilst we had no heating, but has perked up now her room is warm :love:

Flash seemed a bit quieter when it first started getting cold, but all of them are acting normal now.

All of my outdoor buns don't run around as much in this weather they prefer to snuggle up in their sheds!

just checked on them there again he's still just sitting in a fluff ball and ted went over to site beside him finally. he was lying down earlier which is sort of good but not good at the same time as i've never seen him doing this out in the shed. but i guess that means he's happy enough. leaving the heater on for anther half an hour and hopefully that'll keep enough heat the shed.

Mine are more inside the shed, but Timmy went into the run and moved around a bit and did a few binkies

Such a worrying time. I've had to let a couple of mine out in the snow as they were fretting so badly (him to be out; her to get to him). They seem to love it but I'll be so relieved when it warms up :? They HATE being confined, though, and with Dorset George he hates it so much he stops eating. The second he's allowed out he races to his food and starts nomming so I feel as if I have no choice...:?

Basil stopped eating and he came back indoors just before Christmas, even though he has a super thick winter coat:?
Martha was a bit off yesterday, but seems fine again today.
Tonight my daughter phoned to see if she can borrow a cage so she can bring her outdoor pair in, as one of them is struggling with the cold:cry:
I shall be so pleased when it warms up.

Back