• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How soon after?

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Getting Jack neutered can I bond him with Gizmo (who is neutered) I'm going to try and book him in on wednesday and want to try and get them together ASAP to make Gizmo happier.

From what I remember of seeing Jack before you adopted him he is a big softy and unlikely to have aggression problems. I would be tempted to try the bond once he is fully recovered from the op, eg jumping around again :)

Yes he's a very friendly boy and Gizmo seems layed back too. I just want him to have company again as he's never been alone :(

Just a point that might help. The 3 boys who were neutered yesterday are running around like nothing happened but the amazing thing is that there is no chasing, no humping just some suggling together and stealing food from each others mouths. :D

I think I remember you saying that they are already living in the same room but separately, hopefully, they will bond really easily and they will all live happily ever after :D

yeah i would have thought you could bond them asap... as no risk of pregnancy theres no reason to wait the usual 6 weeks. All depends on how the bonding goes and if he is too hormonal and trying to mount gizmo all the time. :? Good luck, hope it all goes well and gizmo finds friendship again;)

As long as he is healed I would leave it 2 weeks and see what happens, if he is still quite hormonal leave him another 4 weeks for this to settle.

I put Hermione and Oscar together literally 4 days after his neuter, and he was never hormonal and never attempted to hump her. I didn't even do the proper bonding, I just put them together and left them to it and it was love and first sight. Not all bonding rules are the same for all bunnies, and you know your bunnies best :)

But bonding two boys can be slightly more difficult, and I wish you the best of luck :)

Thanks :) I was lucky with Jazz and gizmo as they went straight together (both boys) I'm hoping its going to be the same this time. Think I'll put Jack in a cage near Gizmo after.

Back