• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Credit to the PDSA vets!

crysta

Alpha Buck
I'm lucky, really. Hope's story could have been a lot worse.

I have been on long term sick leave for a while now, and when Hope got ill I was faced with a potentially huge vet bill. I looked online to see if I could get any help and found that the PDSA would treat her because I was on housing benefit. It was a risk, but it was one I was willing to take if it would save Hope.

They were wonderful!

It was a 10mile drive, yes, but Hope travels perfectly well, so that wasn't the worry. The vet we saw was very rabbit savvy, he told me a few things I didn't know and inspected her mouth and told me her teeth were at fault a few minutes after entering the room, even with her struggling and making life difficult - she doesn't like having her mouth fiddled with!

And she's still with us today! She's still on the skinny side but she is putting weight on well, and lottielouise has given me some recovery food to mash into her porridge.

It was a big risk, as it's a free service and the chances were I'd have to take her to a proper vet anyway, but they were so nice, so friendly, and they really knew what they were doing! And all this over the Christmas period too!

The treatment was free, but I still gave a contribution towards her treatment anyway, as thanks for saving my little girl.

Just goes to show - there are good vets everywhere!

What a heart warming post crysta. :D:D:D:D
What an awful situation to find yourself in at any time.
I'm delighted that Hope got the treatment she needed.
Hoping that all goes well for you all this year :wave:

I'm glad that the PDSA helped your bunny.
Sending lots of get well soon vibes for Hope and for you xxxxx

Back