PDA

View Full Version : Am I mad?

Snowberry
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I went for a house viewing today, but the house opposite had a bunny in a hutch on their front garden (near their front door in a sort of outdoor porch). The hutch was no bigger than 3 foot and the bunny was bigger than my three!

I couldny buy the house. I didnt care what the rest of it looked like I knew I couldnt live opposite that every day peacefully. Cant stop thinking about the poor bunny now.

MissMinnie
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I would report them to the RSPCA. I think small hutches should be banned.

Snowberry
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
The hutch was filled with hay and he had water, dont think the RSPCA would do anything.

antigone
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
You're not mad. I'm sorry about the bunny, but I don't think there's anything you can do about it.:(

Snowberry
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
You're not mad. I'm sorry about the bunny, but I don't think there's anything you can do about it.:(

No I know, its just so sad. And I know for every one we see living like that there must be 10 more on peoples back gardens that we dont see.

MissMinnie
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM
3 foot is shocking. How would they like it. Sometimes I hate people.

donnamt
09-01-2010, 05:14 PM
i dont think your mad hun, it would torture you daily seeing that poor bun in the tiny hutch. im very head in sand so i probably would make the same decision

happybun
09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
you were quite right. obviously the neighbours would be a problem to you, so why live there?

clutterydrawer
09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
No I can see why you would find it upsetting to have to see that every day - although remember that what we see isn't always the whole story.

My new house is in the grounds of a nursery and I know they have rabbits there but havent seen them yet. It has occurred to me that if they turn out to be in really cramped/dirty conditions I will find it upsetting, but I have no reason to beleive they will be and if they are it's an opportunity for me to keep an eye on them and help improve things for them :)

Kermit
09-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I know it could be the usual small hutch scenario, but it could also be a temporary set up in the cold weather?

mini lop1
09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
awwww i understand how you feel

whenever we have gone up to the hospital, outside one of the houses on the main road too, and very small garden there has been a rabbit in a run, in summertime not now, but i still wouldn't do it, on front near a busy main road

clutterydrawer
09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I know it could be the usual small hutch scenario, but it could also be a temporary set up in the cold weather?

true, or they could be looking after it for a friend, or it could be temporary if their normal setup needed repairing....there's just no knowing

I try not to judge till I know all the facts...although I admit that statistically its highly likely its just a bunny who is permanentl confined to a really small hutch :(