• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I mad?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I went for a house viewing today, but the house opposite had a bunny in a hutch on their front garden (near their front door in a sort of outdoor porch). The hutch was no bigger than 3 foot and the bunny was bigger than my three!

I couldny buy the house. I didnt care what the rest of it looked like I knew I couldnt live opposite that every day peacefully. Cant stop thinking about the poor bunny now.

You're not mad. I'm sorry about the bunny, but I don't think there's anything you can do about it.:(

You're not mad. I'm sorry about the bunny, but I don't think there's anything you can do about it.:(

No I know, its just so sad. And I know for every one we see living like that there must be 10 more on peoples back gardens that we dont see.

i dont think your mad hun, it would torture you daily seeing that poor bun in the tiny hutch. im very head in sand so i probably would make the same decision

No I can see why you would find it upsetting to have to see that every day - although remember that what we see isn't always the whole story.

My new house is in the grounds of a nursery and I know they have rabbits there but havent seen them yet. It has occurred to me that if they turn out to be in really cramped/dirty conditions I will find it upsetting, but I have no reason to beleive they will be and if they are it's an opportunity for me to keep an eye on them and help improve things for them :)

I know it could be the usual small hutch scenario, but it could also be a temporary set up in the cold weather?

awwww i understand how you feel

whenever we have gone up to the hospital, outside one of the houses on the main road too, and very small garden there has been a rabbit in a run, in summertime not now, but i still wouldn't do it, on front near a busy main road

I know it could be the usual small hutch scenario, but it could also be a temporary set up in the cold weather?

true, or they could be looking after it for a friend, or it could be temporary if their normal setup needed repairing....there's just no knowing

I try not to judge till I know all the facts...although I admit that statistically its highly likely its just a bunny who is permanentl confined to a really small hutch :(

Back