• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Typical!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
For the past couple of days I've been giving the buns some Excel Herbage hay in a pile mixed in with normal cheap hay, and now they're only eating the Excel hay, they're picking it out and leaving the rest! It's about £5.50 a bag and i'll be getting through a bag a day at this rate :roll:

Anyone now where i can get it any cheaper please?

Aaahhh, the slippery slope....

Mine all used to eat baled hay just fine til they started getting Timothy Hay and Green Oat Hay - needless to say the baled hay is used mostly for bedding and litter trays now.
The green oat hay and Timothy hay have been costing me around £3oo a year, so I'm trying to wean them off some of it and back onto the baled hay!

I agree... the slippery slope :lol:

Mine used to have just farm baled hay... then i moved onto Burns green oat... we are now on Oxbow Western timothy which i buy in big boxes, £60 a time :oops::oops:

Have you tried the hay experts? Think its about £4 there :) xXx

I get my Excel herbage from the hay experts and it's about £4 a bag. It's the hay Radish likes best and I only go through about 3 bags a month but she is a single bun at the moment.

:roll: yes mine are like that with the oat, wheat and Barley hay now - They love it!!

We are too kind for our own good!! :lol:

I used to buy Flynn the £30 box of oxbow timothy, it smelt and looked amazing. However, he now eats bale hay well, as do all my buns, and there is no way i would give them "treat hay" because having 7 fussy eaters would be no joke :shock:.

Mine have the Excell Herbage, Forage, Burns green oat hay, Oxbow Western Timothy Hay and Redigrass. They have meadow hay bales and courser bales from the same feed centre..I have so many to tempt Lola my dental bun :lol:, they all love the stuff...though Lola of course loves Burns Green Oat hay and it's sold out everywhere again >.<!!! Grrr!

Thankfully mine still eat the bales...and that's all of them, before the treat hay somedays :shock:.

im sat reading this thinking omg!!! my rabbits get hay from a pet shop jumbo bag £2.15 n it lasts about 2 weeks n my lot love it! n the jumbo bag of straw fills 3 hutches with some left over n thats £2.05

I have to say it's farm hay here I'm afraid - with 23 buns to feed we'd be bankrupt in a matter of weeks if we fed them the anything other! :shock:

That said our farm hay is great & I could eat it myself! :oops::lol:

A box lasts me about 2 months :) They do have normal pet shop hay for their litter trays, that costs me £10 a week :? So they eat that too :D xXx

Back