• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

things we say to bunnies

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
i speak to barnes all the time, alot of my friends think i'm a nutter, but i don't care!

when i'm coming into the living room (he has free range of this room) i always let him know by saying "it's only mummy, not an eagle" otherwise he freaks out and bolts under the table.

when i leave for work i say that "mummy has to go to work to earn the money to buy the hay to feed the bunny, who's the bunny?, barnsley!!"

when i go to bed, i call down from the bedroom, "night night boo boo, eat lots of hay, drink water and binky safe, mama love you"

am i the only nutter?

em

I talk to my own buns a lot and I always have a special chat when there's a new one at the rescue, to explain to them that I know theyre confused by all the changes but that this is just a temporary stopping place till their forever mummy comes to take them to their real home :oops: I wouldn't want them to think they were here forever because no one wanted them :oops:

I talk to my own buns a lot and I always have a special chat when there's a new one at the rescue, to explain to them that I know theyre confused by all the changes but that this is just a temporary stopping place till their forever mummy comes to take them to their real home :oops: I wouldn't want them to think they were here forever because no one wanted them :oops:

aaahhh! tell them that barnes found his forever home, and they will too, there are folks out there. when barnes and i win the lotto, we'll have them all!!

em

Every time I go to the shed, I have to let them know that I am coming so that they dont get scared so the minute I close the back door behind me I start calling, Mamams coming baba's, hello baba's, its just your mama, she's come to see you little baba's

OH laughs his head off at me. :lol:

I talk to my bunnies all the time, mum thinks im mad! i say 'what ya doing' alot in the high pitched 'cutsie animal voice' of course :lol:
Then just what ever else i feel like saying to them, be good, dont be silly, ask them if they want a treat etc :D

I don't even know what I say to mine... just whatever comes into my head. I have lots of silly nicknames thought. Currently they are "Ruby Do Be Beautiful" and "Skinny Bean". The latter will hopefully change soon :lol:

ETA: Probably a funny one from this morning. I was cleaning out their hutch earlier wearing yellow rubber gloves and Pipkin kept trying to pull it off. I kept saying "No, it's not a banana!"
Must have sounded pretty strange to anyone walking past...

aaahhh! tell them that barnes found his forever home, and they will too, there are folks out there. when barnes and i win the lotto, we'll have them all!!

em

Sometimes I even pass on little messages for them from my buns Apache and Skye :D and I always tell them that I would love to take them home with me and it's nto my fault that I can't :evil::lol:

I love your signature by the way it always makes me giggle :love:

Same here but, always in a not so sensible 'special voice':lol::lol:

That's obligatory isn't it :lol::lol::lol:

Just earlier we had a delivery from Hayexperts and I bounded in to the living room with the goodies saying "look what mummy has brought you Radish" and then asking her to say thank you and calling her a good girl when she licked my nose. :lol::lol:

i talk to my bunnies. i've even heard myself tell tabitha she's my own baby (!). i talk to them all the time if i'm cuddling them, or if i have to pick them up for some reason, to reassure them. i tell them its me when i come into the house, and say goodnight when i'm going to bed. and right now i'm saying to matthew "somebunny is eating my textbooks!" but he's not taking the hint. it must be particularly tasty.

That's obligatory isn't it :lol::lol::lol:

Just earlier we had a delivery from Hayexperts and I bounded in to the living room with the goodies saying "look what mummy has brought you Radish" and then asking her to say thank you and calling her a good girl when she licked my nose. :lol::lol:

Awwww:love:

I spend hours talking to Molly and Joker.Cleaned them out today and let them run free in the garden but they were more interseted in what i was doing almost making sure i was doing it right.Molly was trying to throw a bucket out the way and Joker was jumping in the storage container with the fresh hay in.Priceless

Ha ha, its great reading all your stories. Im so glad im not the only one. I am sure that they understand us too. The boys always come up to me when I talk to them. Are any of you convinced your buns understand you? Please tell me its not just me :lol:

Yep, they all get so excited when I go down the garden, they run around in circles, binkying when they hear me say "Hi guys, Mamma's here!" :lol:

Ha ha, its great reading all your stories. Im so glad im not the only one. I am sure that they understand us too. The boys always come up to me when I talk to them. Are any of you convinced your buns understand you? Please tell me its not just me :lol:

I don't know whether they understand me the rest of the time, but they definitely don't understand "NO!" :roll:

Back