• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't take it anymore :(

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Seeing gizmo on his own grooming things and waiting to be groomed back breaks my heart :cry: I'm going to try and book jack in for a neuter on Wednesday so hopefully in 6 weeks gizmo can have a new friend. :cry:

aww thats so sad, not only have you lost you sweet little bun but you have to watch that as well, must be so hard :cry:

How does gizmo seem otherwise?? :cry::cry:

Heart braking. You've probably tried lying flat on the floor with him & stroking him (grooming) & letting him groom you in return.

When we lost Graham Strawberry was heart broken. He would just sit in a corner and didnt want to move. He was the same when Snowdrop went to the vets for a week. He is much better now though and when I had to spilt him and Snow cos he was fighting he wasnt bothered at all.

He's still eating etc, I've got him in the conservitory where he has full freedom of. I hope jack and him will be an easy bond :(

Aww, that's so sad. Give him a nose rub from me. Good luck with the neutering and bonding xx

Thanks, I just hope him and Jack work as I can't afford to take on another bunny after Jazz's huge bill :( I'll give him a nose rub from you :)

That is the thing I dread the most about losing one of mine. I think stories like yours and others on here aided my decision in getting a third bun and bonding a trio.

You are doing the best thing for him though. I am sure he will feel better in time and when he can be bonded with Jack.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Must be heartbreaking :cry:

have you ever tried them together? i have no experience of it so dont know if it would be worth a try or not but just wondering if they would bond prior to him being neutered, its no like he will get gizmo pregnant but would probably depend if he is particularly hormonal or not :?

I tried them yesterday and there was a lot of mounting from Jack but no aggression, so hopefully it'll work when his hormones are gone.

I tried them yesterday and there was a lot of mounting from Jack but no aggression, so hopefully it'll work when his hormones are gone.

i hope it works for you, we have reached this situation now, rosie has decided she does like locksley after all, she let him sleep in her dogcrate the other day and no longer charges at him or bites him

but now he is getting abit older, he'll need to be neutered when old enough

Back