• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting used to food?

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
Hi :wave: i got a new bunny a few weeks ago, sorry to say tho i did get him from a pet shop but please dont moan at me!! He is 2 years old and was unwanted and had been in the shop for 3 months so i did rescue him in a way! He had never been neutered or vaccinated. Anyway i got him neutered about 3 weeks ago during which i have been feeding him small amounts of greens and a couple of handfuls of pellets plus hay each day as his poos were quite soft and smelly. Ive gradually tried him on diff veg (Kale, chicory, cabbage, sprouts) but his poos are still abit soft although they have improved. How long normally does it take for them to get used to diff veg? Ive also been gradually changing his pellets aswell although i havent given pellets for a couple of days to encourage hay eating. In the time ive had him though we have moved and he had an over night stay at the vets plus he had his mxyi jab and checkup so could it be that he abit stressed with all of the diff places he has been to? Also he seems to love eating the cardboard rolls from loo roll, i gave him one in his hutch with some hay stuffed inside but he ate most of the roll aswell! Is this harmful, ive now taken it out as i wasnt sure.
Sorry about the long post!

Back