• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does straw stain buns feet?

Wee does... Is your bun sleeping in his loo tray?
Grass does too, and can make bun's feet look discoloured.
But haven't heard of straw or hay doing this.

Both my white bunnies have always had white feet no staining nothing has changed other than covering the outdoor runs with straw:? but they have staining now

wouldn't have thought so. Perhaps the straw has insulated the ground below & it is mud that is causing the staining?

Hay does so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for straw. I've taken to piling the buns timothy hay on the floor of their dog crate and put their meadow hay in the rack. They also have a section of the living room so they're not always in the dog crate, but since I've been doing this Lavender definitely has a green tinge to her feet and tummy. They probably eat two football sized piles of timothy hay between the two of them each day so I guess they spend a lot of time standing in it! (Darwin is brown so I'd never notice he was turning green)

Straw makes my bunnies feet a bit more yellow, although if you have it on your run floors it might be that your buns have just wee'd? Straw wont absorb it.

Straw doesnt stain their feet. Lottie and George have had their hutch filled with straw for a few weeks now and Georges feeties are still lovely and white :love::love: Why are you covering the slabs with straw? :oops: George and Lottie have runs, covered in the shower curtains like yours and we dont put straw down :oops: They just run on the slabs xXx

Straw doesnt stain their feet. Lottie and George have had their hutch filled with straw for a few weeks now and Georges feeties are still lovely and white :love::love: Why are you covering the slabs with straw? :oops: George and Lottie have runs, covered in the shower curtains like yours and we dont put straw down :oops: They just run on the slabs xXx

Well to keep them warm:oops: And for Shadow cause shes a rex;)

Ahh i see now, a Rex ;) :love: Yeah i would do that if i had a rex too i guess :) :love:

Yes Shadow shes about 8 years old:)
100_0465.jpg

Back