• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how legal is it....

Do you want me to save papers for you as mine only go in the recycling bin? When I used to use newspapers I used to go to the free newspaper stands and take them from outside estate agents. :oops:

Do you want me to save papers for you as mine only go in the recycling bin? When I used to use newspapers I used to go to the free newspaper stands and take them from outside estate agents. :oops:

Thanks :) I'm ok usually though as my housemate drives the bin lorries and he brings me newspapers every day out of people's recycle boxes. But he's not been able to get to work for ages because of the snow and I ran out, so while I was in tesco i snaffled a few out of the bins :oops::oops: I was wondering whether it was illegal in the same way as taking things from skips is.

I'm moving out soon though so may lose my supply....I'll be in touch. ;):D

Well, now there's no free papers on the trains for my hubby to pick up. I'm waiting to get a tap on the shoulder from someone at Tesco's for grabbing a handful of Evening Standards each week now they are free!:oops:

:lol::lol: I have been wondering this too I normally get them for the lads at work but with two weeks off over christmas Ive been scuppered

Not sure but, I am sure it would be legal, you are 'technically' recycling them afterall.... :lol:

Taking multiple papers from a free paper dispesnser is very bad and you shouldn't do that. Usually it says "Free, please take one". If they find they are running out sooner they will print more, wasting a lot of ink and paper.

Taking them out of a recycle bin is probably technically illegal since it is still someone's property, however the chances of anyone complaining are very slim indeed.

Well, now there's no free papers on the trains for my hubby to pick up. I'm waiting to get a tap on the shoulder from someone at Tesco's for grabbing a handful of Evening Standards each week now they are free!:oops:

You can still get the Metro for free on the trains. :D

oooh i didnt know tescos had free papers.. are the kept with the normal papers or do they have a seperate stand somewhere?

I have to confess I do this too. I used to do this regularly when my doggie had a litter,....got some funny looks off people tho:lol::lol:

the evening standard is now free!!!!!????
i've been in lancashire too long, when i left london i think it cost 30p!!
i do "accidently" find cauliflower greens in my basket in tesco, no idea how they get there!!

em

Back