• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bottle Snug - Scratch and Newton

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Hey guys...

Do these things actually work? It says they can withstand temps of -15 which would be great and would certainly stop my bottles from freezing. Was going to go get a couple from P@H as I am out of ideas but want to make sure they work first.

One of my bunnies has one and the other doesnt (as yet) and i find the bottle snug helps loads, the bottle with the snug hasnt had to be defrosted as much as the other one, the only problem is the nozzle still freezes but because the water inside hasnt completely frozen when the nozzle thores out bun can still get water, obviously i still check the bottles very regularly :)

hi ive got one and what i did last night, because the bottle still was freezing,i put luke warm water in it put two sock around the bottle stuffed the socks with hay and then put the snuggle safe over the top and it didnt freeze when i checked this morning.

My water has frozen a couple of nights even with the bottle cover, but that seems to be when it's particularly cold. I definitely don't think they'd withstand -15 :?
As mentioned above, the spout freezes even with the cover, so you'd still have to thaw that out regularly.

I found that the snug worked in the hot weather though. The water always seemed to stay cool.

Ah it might be worth getting a couple then. I check and defrost as regularly as I can, the only problem is nighttime and weekdays when I am at work so need to delay the freezing as much as possible

Personally i wouldnt bother :? I went out and bought 2 recently, the bottles with them on have still been frozen, just a little less frozen than the bottles with no cover on, but the nozzles on the bottles still freeze, meaning the buns still get no water :( xXx

Mine were freezing a couple of nights ago - so we wrapped each bottle in bubble wrap and then put an old ski sock over them! :) They've not frozen at all since. I'd worried that the little metal spouts would perhaps still freeze, but even they haven't so I'm sticking with my bubble wrap & ski sock combo...!

My buns have 2 bottles, the one without the bottle cover freezes very quickly, even during the day. The one with the bottle cover on has not frozen yet.

I found out they don't work well here. Mine still froze!!! The next night I thought I'd warm it first but put it in the micro and it melted! DUH! :oops::lol:

i have 3 of these, don't ask why as my buns use bowls :lol: its just rosie won them all :lol: mum nicked one for when she went abroad for her drinks on beach :lol: i said she was a nutter, but she said it helped keep them cool, on is on a waterbottle which i put out in summer on the run, but my bun s don't know how to use a water bottle :shock: :lol: i just add it in hope :lol:
and one still in packing :lol:

i have 3 of these, don't ask why as my buns use bowls :lol: its just rosie won them all :lol: mum nicked one for when she went abroad for her drinks on beach :lol: i said she was a nutter, but she said it helped keep them cool, on is on a waterbottle which i put out in summer on the run, but my bun s don't know how to use a water bottle :shock: :lol: i just add it in hope :lol:

You should donate them to your local rescue, they would be so greatful in this weather :love: Or sell them on here :D Rosie wouldnt mind :lol: xXx

I'll buy a couple :lol:

Back