• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special Girlie bun to live with Frankie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cherry has to go as Louise can't afford the dentals. :(

I'm probably speaking out of turn :oops: but is it wise to get another bunny if you can't afford the health care for the ones you already have? No bunny is guaranteed to be free of dental problems, or any other kind of problem for that matter.

Couldn't you just keep Frankie on his own and rebond with his friends once it's warm enough for him to go back outside?

I would have to repeat what Karen has said
You are re homing Cherry due to health problems..well what if the new rabbit develops some? really not right to pass Cherry on then replace her with a new bun:?

TBH Steve has seen this and is not very happy. I know we weren't asked to take Cherry but we did offer to take on her vet bills to help out, it seems a little unfair to ask someone else to pick up the bills you can't afford just to replace her straight away :?

I don't think anyone else has an endless supply of cash for vet bills we certainly don't but we wanted to help you out in a difficult situation, seems to be a bit of a Micky take to be advertising for a new bunny :(

I certainly didn't want to upset anyone by this post.:cry: and I definately don't want to be seen as taking the mikey out of anyone.

Frankie is also a dental bun, although not as serious as Cherry yet, and his is covered by insurance, unfortunately Cherrys Dental problems were noticed in the 2 week period when the insurance started, so are not covered, even thought it took an age to diagnose. I started the policy on the 7th and had to take her to the vets on the 9th:?

I have seen how lonely Cherry is, and how detrimental to her health that has been, but being winter I was reluctant to bring in bunnies who have already developed full winter coats. Frankie does have a winter coat, but it is just not up to dealing with these extreme temperatures. It was only just before Christmas that the vet told me he was 8 months old.

In my mind I was thinking that it would be better that another bun comes here, and is insured (I will never be making that mistake again), then it is another rescue bun rehomed, and a space a rabbit in need can take.

Obviously I was wrong, and I have offended people with this view.

I am Sorry.

Frnkie will be on his own until the Spring.

I agree it's not an ideal situation and Louise has made mistakes (not getting bun insured) but she's acknowledged that and won't do the same again, so therefore if the new bun did have dental probs they would be insured so she could afford it. I can see why people are upset but I have to say I agree with this:

In my mind I was thinking that it would be better that another bun comes here, and is insured (I will never be making that mistake again), then it is another rescue bun rehomed, and a space a rabbit in need can take.

I took on a rabbit not knowing he had serious dental problems,I only had him a year in that year he cost me over £1000:shock: I couldnt really afford it but i made sure i did extra hours at work to cover his dental or i tried other ways i would of never of dreamed of rehoming him,I think people were quite shocked you we rehoming one bun then taking on another Although i realise you could get a new bun insured

I agree it's not an ideal situation and Louise has made mistakes (not getting bun insured) but she's acknowledged that and won't do the same again, so therefore if the new bun did have dental probs they would be insured so she could afford it. I can see why people are upset but I have to say I agree with this:

But then on the other hand it means space taken up to whoever rehomes her meaning one less they can take on:?

I took on a rabbit not knowing he had serious dental problems,I only had him a year in that year he cost me over £1000:shock: I couldnt really afford it but i made sure i did extra hours at work to cover his dental or i tried other ways i would of never of dreamed of rehoming him,I think people were quite shocked you we rehoming one bun then taking on another Although i realise you could get a new bun insured

I am already on a low-ist wage to begin with. I have no access to overtime, or other jobs, due to my current job. I have tried to sell my own jewellery on here, but no one is interested :( Its odd, I can fundraise with relative success, but when I come to raising money for my own buns I have difficulty.

I don't Drink, I don't smoke, I don't go out. :lol: I buy clothes second hand, and my biggest spend is on my bus ticket to get me to work, oh and food

Yes but only by saying your getting another rabbit:( I think if you rehome her you shouldnt get anymore as you will still have vaccinations to pay for etc

This is our point, if money is that short then at least wait a while :)

we are still happy to offer Cherry a home here as at the end of the day we only have Cherry's best interests at heart, we were just a bit shocked to see this thread thats all :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back