• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noel's been sneezing lots

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

We're taking Noel to the vet tomorrow to have his nails clipped and am going to mention him sneezing - we've had him just under 2 weeks and he sneezes a lot :( Am worried about him.

What should vet do to see if it's an infection? I don't want to be fobbed off with him saying it's an allergy in case it isn't.

Thank you

x

The vet should hopefully do a thorough examination and perhaps treat him for an infection to rule that out...

Good luck at the vets honey x

Thank you :) Just scared it's something horrible. He's such a lovely bun, he has a lovely nature. He seems fine in himself which is a good sign I hope?

He seems to drink quite a lot, although I don't know how much is normal anyway I suppose. I guess he has about a quarter of a drinks bottle a day, if not more.

I'd mention all your concerns to the Vet :)

Average water consumption is 50-100ml/kg/24 hours. Buns fed lots of veg tend to drink less than those who are not.

Good luck for Noel's appointment

xx

This is just incase Noel keeps sneezing, might be of use. When Phoebe moved in, within a week or so she kept sneezing and was also discharging mucus from her nose, which I had to keep wiping :shock:. I took her to the vet and they said she had an upper respiratory infection and gave her antibiotics and it soon cleared up. The vet said that some buns get an infection when they move into a new atmosphere, so just keep an eye on it.

Back