• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescued guinea pig update-- sparky!! fao,hanlou ,kerintravis , rhian33

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
:wave: hi, i know this is not a site for piggys but just wanted to let the people who helped me last week when i took in sparky who had been living loose in a barn on a friends farm after turning up there before xmas,

:) it's good news, he is settling down lovely, he is painfully shy , and scurries off as soon as we take a peak at him.

he is ok on your knee for a little while and seems to enjoy a stroke.

he has had a rough time at some point as his ear has a fully healed tear right the way through it and a little chunk missing out of the top of it.

i have covered him with a flea powder to make sure he is clear of fleas and mites, but he is a bit wiffy on the nose, my kids say he smells like sick:oops:
is this a normal guinea smell or do you think it's because he has been living rough??
i have some special shampoo here suitable for him, so might try and freshen him up a bit with a shampoo flannel.

he is eating really well, fruit veg and his food, he feels a little skinny but considering what he has been through he looks a million dollars bless him,

thanks for your advise when i needed it x:p

Last edited:
Back