• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezing.

Nancy Drew

Young Bun
Ok Nancy has started sneezing a bit recently and I have no idea why, Drew has just been normal, and nothing in their cage has been really changed, they are on the same hay and food as normal, and are getting simalar wooden chews and treats etc as normal, so I have no idea why, does anyone have any idea why? In herself she hasn't changed a bit, and I'm really considering taking her to the vet, and probally will do, but does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

It could be the start of a respiratory tract infection. I would take her to the Vet ASAP as *if* it is a RTI the sooner treatment is started the better the prognosis.

Is there any nasal/occular discharge ?

How old is she ?

She's only about 4/5 months old, but I've got a appoipment booked soon to discuss getting her spayed with the vet, so I'll ask the vet about then aswell. And she will be put in a seperate cage and room then Drew for a while aswell, just incase its something serious and its infectious.

She also has no discharge, her nose looks normal, she's just started sneezing but then when I check her nose its clean :?

She's only about 4/5 months old, but I've got a appoipment booked soon to discuss getting her spayed with the vet, so I'll ask the vet about then aswell. And she will be put in a seperate cage and room then Drew for a while aswell, just incase its something serious and its infectious.

She also has no discharge, her nose looks normal, she's just started sneezing but then when I check her nose its clean :?

I really would get her checked by a Vet tomorrow if I were you.

If you check the inside area of her front paws is the fur matted ?

Is Drew a Doe or a Buck ?

Oz sneezes once in a while as well, is sneezing a bad thing, or is too much sneezing a bad thing?

Drew is a neutered Buck, I'm going to ring the vets and see what they say, she has not matts or anything, and is just the same as normal apart from the sneezing, she's keeping her coat in the same condition as normal, and like I said there is no mats, her eyes are bright and healthy looking, there is no discharge from anywhere, and even her poop is the same, so I'm wondering what is going on with her, but I've seperated the buns for now, and will wait and see what the vet says.

I had a problem with my rabbit sneezing too, it turned out to be dental related. He has had the tooth removed and the sneezing is slowing down. You could ask your vet to do an xray if they don't find another reason for the sneezing.

Back