• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

heater lamp

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
my husband has just went and bought a heat light bulb for the bunnies shed, he's got a wee timer for it too, as anyone ever used on for their shed? it's just to add a bit off heat and won't be running for long hours.

I have not used one of them but I have a small heater in the shed which is left on all the time to keep the temp constant, can I ask, are you going to leave it on during this cold spell?

yeah we used the heater last yeah but it's hard on the electric and i don't like the thought of it being left on for any length of time, heart scared of something going on fire. yeah it's for this weather it'll be put on in the evening time only when i'm at home.

Sorry but I dont really understand why you would put it on for only a short time and then turn it off and let it go cold again, especially as it gets colder in the early hours.
I do understand why your afraid to leave it on if you dont have an armoured cable but why warm it up to let it go cold again.

Hope you dont think I am being all snappy with this, just wondering :)

it'll heat the shed up, should keep the shed warm for a good will and will stop it getting really freezing. :)

I only put my heaters on overnight (from around 6pm til 8am) as that is when the temperature dips the lowest.
During the day they have to have their little doors open so they can get outside, so there would be no point leaving the heaters on.

What sort of bulb is it? I'd just be concerned that they will be getting an abnormal amount of light during the night time

Have you considered these http://www.cnmonline.co.uk/Thermotube-Tubular-Heater-3ft-180watt-pr-16971.html

They're ridiculously cheap to run (about 26p for 24 hrs for a 3ft one)and each of my sheds has a 3ft one that gives enough heat to keep above freezing, without making them too warm.

Back