• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i cant get any...

Mopz

Young Bun
..rabbit pellets, because of the weather i usually travel about an hour to get my supplies but the place is all snowed in, its my dad who takes me im just learning to drive at the minute. I've just phoned a local place but they get their delivery from the same place i go to and they cant get out to deliver. They said they will ring me if they can get a delivery but it might be up to a week and i only have about a weeks worth of food left, so i cant really afford to wait a week for her to say they cant get the delivery. I've looked online to see if i can order some but the delivery price is reduculous id be paying double what i usually pay and its the only website iv found i can order it from. Iv thought about getting another food to slowly mix in and change over but some of my rabbits dont eat much hay and the food i have seems to have the highest fibre percentage...allen and page by the way.
Any ideas on what i can do..im abit stuck.

..rabbit pellets, because of the weather i usually travel about an hour to get my supplies but the place is all snowed in, its my dad who takes me im just learning to drive at the minute. I've just phoned a local place but they get their delivery from the same place i go to and they cant get out to deliver. They said they will ring me if they can get a delivery but it might be up to a week and i only have about a weeks worth of food left, so i cant really afford to wait a week for her to say they cant get the delivery. I've looked online to see if i can order some but the delivery price is reduculous id be paying double what i usually pay and its the only website iv found i can order it from. Iv thought about getting another food to slowly mix in and change over but some of my rabbits dont eat much hay and the food i have seems to have the highest fibre percentage...allen and page by the way.
Any ideas on what i can do..im abit stuck.

If you are able to get a good quality food to mix in, I think that could be your only option unless you are willing to pay the delivery as a one off, but even so, they may not be able to get to you. I heard that the bad weather is here for another 10 days. good luck, there are so many people in this situation.

you might it'll encourage them to eat more. in all fairness i couldn't have my buns not eating their pellets in the morning as they just love them so much and love seeing them get excited but they'd probably get just as excited over the veg too. :lol:

Whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you. We've been to West Yorkshire twice this week and had no problem getting through to deliver orders.

im in leeds, its a place in penistone i get my food from, apparently they cant get out to deliver

What food are they on?! There are loads of petshops in leeds, surely one of them must stock it.

Off the top of my head there is Paws for Thought on York road....Tailwaggers in Chapel Allerton...Pets at Home in Colton...Pet World by the Corn Exchange...and that place in kirkgate market. There will be more too :)

its allan and page, i havnt seen it in any pets shops! only places are farm shops etc that stock the allen and page horse feeds but none of them order the rabbit food, i rang a place i know that can get it in but they said their supplyers cant get out to deliver

There are 28 listings for pet shops in leeds here:

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAc...ocation=leeds&ssm=0&scrambleSeed=33280298&M=0

Try ringing round some :) The blue barn is good if you can get out to Otley.

Cut down on their pellets a little bit to make them last longer...and if you are really short you could try posting a thread to ask if any other member in leeds would lend you some. :)

thank you :) i will have a ring round tomorrow. if not someone kindly sent me another website that has it, alot less for more money :shock: but it will be the next best thing i think.

bah, bunnies are so expensive sometimes!

I do their litter tray with newspapers which my housemate gets from recycle boxes (he drives bin lorries) but he's not been able to get to work for ages so I've had to buy a newspaper every day...it mounts up :shock:

hope you find some anyway :) I used to find Paws for Thought had a wide range of stock but allan and page isn't listed on their site :? might be worth ringing anyway....good luck. x

yeah they are but ther deffinatly worth it :)
This weather has alot to answer for! paws for thought have some good products but dont get to go in that often, never seen any a and p there. Thanks again, fingers crossed ill find something, maybe ill be in luck and the local shop can get a delivery...maybe thats just wishful thinking!

If you let us know by Tuesday at the latest if you cant get any, we could deliver some to you on Thursday or we can try the courier which is £4.50 delivery but they wont pick up until Monday now

Have you tried your vets? I get by science selective from my vets occasionally if I've not had chance to get it in elsewhere. They order it in for me and I usually get it the next day. Not sure if all vets offer this service but it might be worth a try.

Back