• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any thing else i can do in this weather???

clairelove

Warren Scout
my bunny Tara is around 5yrs old and has never taken well to another bunny as she is a rescue i have had for 3yrs now she still bites me well tries and growls at me if i try to pick her up,the thing is shes outside in a Wendy house with a weather proof run attacked her hutch is jam packed with hay and there is a nest box in there is there any thing else i could do to make her more comfortable from the cold weather???

Maybe add in some straw as it is a good insulator. Just be sure that bun is not eating that instead of hay as it does not have the same fibre and nutrients that hay does.

if she's anything like mine she'll be out in the run and not in the hay/straw.....I really try not to worry but every evening im out checking and feeling sorry for them........:roll:
they seem absolutly fine and not bothered???? the biggest problem im having is the water!

Me too--the water being frozen is the problem. I'm defrosting water several times a day. I jam the hutch with loads of hay, and have been sure they get apples as part of their veg because its high in water I guess. I even put snow in a dish, figuring they could lick it if they were really thirsty.

Back