• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I have made a decision- need you advice

Have I made the right decision?

• Yes just bond Bungle and Snowdrop

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No try and bond the three

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No don't bond any of them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I think I have decided just to bond Snowdrop and Bungle. It will depend on whether this house move goes ahead but if it does we will have a proper garden which would be much better for Strawberry than keeping him inside. Its also much easier for boarding, vets trips etc to just have a pair. We would look for another female to keep Strawberry company outside.

We also have a huge problem of if we move from here the estate agents will need to come round and show potential tenants. We are not allowed rabbits in the house so usually when they do an inspection they give me a time they are coming so I put them in a carrier and put them in for car for 5 minutes while they are here. They would come during the day while im at work so would need them to be somewhere for the whole day.

I am hoping they will give a few days notice so I can get sorted. If Snowdrop and Bungle are bonded my Mum would be able to have them for me, she only has space for one cage. I will then have to look into somewhere for Strawberry to go.

Last point, can anyone bond Snowdrop and Bungle sooner than Feb half term as it will make everything easier if they are bonded asap? Faye can do it during feb half term but will the house move it would be better if it were sooner. I know Nicola at Bunny hall does bonding but I have never used her before so would prefere someone on here do it and I pay their expenses and donate to a rescue.

I'll stick with what I have thought all along and that's to only try bonding Snowdrop and Bungle.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

I agree with Jane. From what I've read from you, Snowdrop and Strawberry have never really had a really strong bond. I think Strawberry would love being outside with a new girlfriend! :)

Sorry I'm not experienced in this so I haven't done your poll but I know you'll do the right thing by your bunnies :)

I'll stick with what I have thought all along and that's to only try bonding Snowdrop and Bungle.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Thanks Jane. Snowdrop has become so happy being a single bun in our bedroom that she was keeping me up all night binkying! Both her and Bungle have to be indoor buns so I will keep them together and Strawberry can have a friend when he goes outside in the summer.

I don't know your rabbits well enough to comment but I can tell from your OP that you have already made the best decision - a pair and a single to be bonded later. Good luck Snowberry.

A pair and a new wife for Strawberry sounds good. How soon are you looking to bond Strawberry? Could Snowdrop and Bungle go to a rescue for bonding and Strawberry at the same time for dating maybe?

It's a good idea. I might be able help out with Strawberry until you are sorted. I think my parents have a spare hutch - I would need to check. I have bonded buns but my bondings have been really easy - just put them together, bit of humping and that's been it! Considering your problems with bonding the three I'm not sure I would be confident enough.

It's a good idea. I might be able help out with Strawberry until you are sorted. I think my parents have a spare hutch - I would need to check. I have bonded buns but my bondings have been really easy - just put them together, bit of humping and that's been it! Considering your problems with bonding the three I'm not sure I would be confident enough.

Thanks, Strawbs is inside at the minute so need to find somewhere inside for him to go while we have people looking round the house. I may be able to get away with having him in and telling the estate agents he is poorly so cant go out if my Mum can have Snowdrop and Bungle.

I am looking at getting Snow and Bungs bonded ASAP, Strawberry wont have a partner till the summer when he can go outside.

Thanks, Strawbs is inside at the minute so need to find somewhere inside for him to go while we have people looking round the house. I may be able to get away with having him in and telling the estate agents he is poorly so cant go out if my Mum can have Snowdrop and Bungle.

I am looking at getting Snow and Bungs bonded ASAP, Strawberry wont have a partner till the summer when he can go outside.

Ok. What accom is he in? I could maybe fit him in my kitchen depending how long it would be for. Would need to measure the space.

Ok. What accom is he in? I could maybe fit him in my kitchen depending how long it would be for. Would need to measure the space.

He has NIC cubes so can be made to any size or shape. We are hoping they will give us a few days notice so it would only be for a day or two at a time. We would hopefully be able to bring him to you in an evening and pick him up the following day after work. It will prob only be 2 or 3 times they need to show someone round as its rental and its a nice house so I dont think it will take many people looking.

He has NIC cubes so can be made to any size or shape. We are hoping they will give us a few days notice so it would only be for a day or two at a time. We would hopefully be able to bring him to you in an evening and pick him up the following day after work. It will prob only be 2 or 3 times they need to show someone round as its rental and its a nice house so I dont think it will take many people looking.

That would be fine. He'd be ok in my kitchen.

sounds like a good plan - hope it works out for you:D
(if gorgeous bungle doesn't bond with snow, i'll look after the big fluff ball ;))

I voted for "just bond bungle and snowdrop"

Just a suggestion - as Stawberry has had dominance issues with Snowdrop you might find it easiest if he can go "speed dating" to find a new partner. Hopefully then he'll find a girly that suits his temperament, rather than you falling in love with a random bun and it not working out. That must be really dissapointing when it happens, so maybe save yourself the heartache!

I voted for "just bond bungle and snowdrop"

Just a suggestion - as Stawberry has had dominance issues with Snowdrop you might find it easiest if he can go "speed dating" to find a new partner. Hopefully then he'll find a girly that suits his temperament, rather than you falling in love with a random bun and it not working out. That must be really dissapointing when it happens, so maybe save yourself the heartache!

Thats what we would do. I would let a rescue have him and bond him with with ever bun is most suitable for him. I am sure we will find a bunny somewhere he is suited to and doesnt bully!

Thats what we would do. I would let a rescue have him and bond him with with ever bun is most suitable for him. I am sure we will find a bunny somewhere he is suited to and doesnt bully!

He's just a special boy - nothing wrong with being fussy! ;)

I would vote for bonding snow and bungle as well..

I think letting strawberry pick her partner is also a great idea!! If I decided to get charlie a girlie I would do the same!! Less stress that way!! and it will be a bit of a surprise for us too to see who they end up with :D
x

glossta1

When two are bonded, there are two relationships, A>B and B>A.

When 3 are bonded, there are 6 relationships A>B, A>C, B>C, B>A, C>A and C>B.

When 4 are bonded... well, let's not struggle through that right now! Actually 4 may be slightly easier than 3 because although the web of relationships is bigger and messier, there is the potential for 2 pairs to form within the 4.

Of course it can work brilliantly bonding 3 or more, but there's a lot more potental to go wrong, both in the bonding process and later if one goes to bunny hospital or whatever. It's maths really (& psychology).

There's nothing sadder than one left out or picked on.

We've always bonded our buns in pairs, but we did have a group of 3 bonded GPs. There was never any nastiness, but one was always somehow not quite so bonded, and it does tug at your heartstrings. She died quite young, which left us wondering: did the other two not bond with her so much because they sensed physical problems, or did she die young because she wasn't fully bonded (GPs are highly emotional beings!)?

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Back