• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frozen water bottles and bowls

Fleecey socks over bottle and a ping pong ball in bowls. The problem with bottles is the metal spout so I have put a small bowl of snow in for mine so they still have water if the bottle freeze.

:D

Fleecey socks over bottle and a ping pong ball in bowls. The problem with bottles is the metal spout so I have put a small bowl of snow in for mine so they still have water if the bottle freeze.

:D

Wow, what a great idea! Fluffy socks on the bottles and a bowl of snow it is! Just have to choose carefully and avoid where my dogs have peed :?

I've been putting glycerin in the water and socks on top and so far it seems to have worked. About 2 tsp to a litre of water.

Wow, what a great idea! Fluffy socks on the bottles and a bowl of snow it is! Just have to choose carefully and avoid where my dogs have peed :?

I still think it is a really bad idea to deliberately give rabbits snow to eat, it can dangerously lower their body temperature plus it is full of impurities :?

Snugglesafes under water bowl doesn't work for me -still frozen! :(

Want one f thoe baby feeding bowls you used to be able to get where you put wrm waer in the bottom comartment ad the food in the top to stay warm...But can't get them now....

I still think it is a really bad idea to deliberately give rabbits snow to eat, it can dangerously lower their body temperature plus it is full of impurities :?

Surely it's better than putting glycerine in the water bottles:shock: (which I would never do)
I have only given them a very little bit that hasn't been touched by humans or other animals.

Surely normal tap water has impurities in it as well as lots of extra minerals left over from sewer treatment?

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, just interested in your view :)

Last edited:
I have given mine a little bit of snow...as the bottle is freezing every hr and half, wouldn't want them to de- hydrate from 12midnight -7/8am :?

Can i ask what glycerin is please?

I have put a sock around mine and its not helped, the ball in the drinker part keeps freezing up if that makes sense???

So are we using snow or not?? lol

Back