• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving Echo downstairs...

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Hi all, sorry for the long post, but I'm lost!

I'm looking for info/oppinions on whether I should move Echo from his room upstairs to a house/run combo in the livingroom?

Tibbs (my lop girlie) currently lives free-range in the livingroom-diner, but eventually I would like to bond the two of them and let them share the space.

Echo is my rescue boy, and loves having people in with him, but as he is in a room upstairs on his own doesn't get as much of my attention as I would like. I wondered if it would be ok to have him in his own house/run combo in the livingroom, so that he would be nearer me??

Do you know if the two rabbits would be ok in the same space, although seperate? And would this make bonding more difficult, or easier?

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm sure others have faced this dilemma?

Thanks, Eilidh

Are they both neutered? If so they could be bonded whenever you like! So long as Tibbs is happy with it, then I don't see why not. Lots of bunnies are fine with living next to others. Litter habits might go out the window to start with though.

I'm mostly asking as I fell down the stairs yesterday and am quite battered and bruised :oops:, so having them both on one floor would be good!

We've moved him down for a trial and he seems perfectly happy in the run, and Tibbs isn't too bothered really.
We are going to try bonding them eventually, but neither are neutered yet. They were booked in for tomorrow, but due to my silly accident, I can't drive them to the vets!

I will keep a close eye on them and make sure there are no issues!

Hia :wave:

Sorry to hear about your accident. We got Muffin to bond with Emily after Bungle died. We were advised to keep them in the same space so that they could see and smell each other and get used to each other. After a couple of weeks we then started allowing them short spells of time together.

So I would say that keeping them in the same space is better for all of you.

Hope you get better soon.

Back