• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playpen - what height for a French Lop

Angela lou

Warren Scout
I am rehoming a French Lop called Flick. He is an indoor bunny so I am getting the house ready for him. He will have free run of the utility and kitchen but I also want to set-up an area within the utility that is Flicks space (so no humans can tramp through it on the way to the loo) and so that I have the option of shutting him in a secure space if needed. I have decided to get a puppy play pen but I am unsure what height it needs to be to stop Flick jumping over it (I realise all bunnies have different athletic ability). Any advice/suggestion welcome, thanks :wave:

Well we have seen French lops clear great heights! Spring regularly used to jump the 5 foot panels here :shock: Simeon easily clears the barn stable door whilst Moses can easily jump the 5 foot bay sides in the rescue ... And Autumn frequently makes it over the 6 foot fence! :shock:

Dill tends to jump more than B.i think frenchies,though big,jump less as weigh more & are generally laid back but I would get the highest possible just in case.Its always dill i worry about jumping rather than B.:)

French are not renowned for there jumping skills, more chilling, asleep zzzzzzzzz
this should be high enough.... http://www.deemillen.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=75_103&products_id=818
plus it comes with net top just in case..... and two can be joined together to make it bigger....

That wont be high enough :? Lola could easily clear that!!! I have a baby conti who could clear that! :shock: I currently have this, 76cm tall...

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/95235

If you would want it to last as bunny grows i would try and get the 91cm one from ebay :) xXx

I've just ordered two 42inch ones from ebay...I can give you the link if you want.

I've found that they're happy to jump great heights when young...but when they get big and heavy they'd rather not jump...or maybe they can't :lol::lol: and push the playpen...to get through it.

the highest indoor run I can find is 4 ft.

Well we have seen French lops clear great heights! Spring regularly used to jump the 5 foot panels here :shock: Simeon easily clears the barn stable door whilst Moses can easily jump the 5 foot bay sides in the rescue ... And Autumn frequently makes it over the 6 foot fence! :shock:

6ft :shock: does she have springs for feet? :D

Thanks for the link, I'll be ordering this today.

Thanks for all your replies, advice and jumping examples :wave:.

Back