• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thought I'd lost my wildie last night...!!!!

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Freddy, my wildie, managed to squeeze past me when I went to feed her last night, and shot off across the yard. I spent one and half hours wandering around our garden and street with a torch (no gloves or wellies, just a thin anorak...boy was I cold!) until I caught a glimpse of her under my OH's car....she had been hiding in the engine space!!!! :D

I spent another half an hour lying down in the snow trying to get her to come to me from under the car, or trying to fish her out from under the bonnet. Finally she came over to me and I managed to grab hold of her!!!!!! :love:

I honestly thought I'd never find her, and a fox would get her. If anyone loses their rabbit please remember Freddy's adventure and have faith that you'll find them again...and remember to look everywhere, even the most unlikely places!

Bobby squeezed past when I was talking to a friend at the door.. and shot off... I waslked all round for about half an hour to find her lying in the front garden... looking at me as if to say. What???:roll:

A couple of years ago my DH locked the hutches up for me one night....only he didn't....and the next morning I found my trio sitting in our very open and unsecured back garden, they had been out all night and hadn't left the garden or somehow been eaten! :shock:

Thankfully they all came running at the shake of the food tin and put themselves away. Safe to say I always lock up now though! :evil:

Naughty Freddy :lol::lol: At least she was catchable...I used to dread Poppy escaping cos she was a nightmare to catch.

Are you still picking up your new wildie soon or are you postponing it till the snow has thawed....just that the roads here are absolutely lethal so take care if you do come. x

i like the way she found a warm spot in the car and left you to freeze... you must not of been fast enough with them treats :lol::lol::lol::lol:

cat flap

When our first one escaped from her hutch, we discovered only when her little bunny front end appeared through the cat flap. From her hutch she'd often watched the cats come in, and decided she'd try it for herself. She seemed to think she was a cat anyway, running over to join them when she was in the garden. She wasn't sure how to get her rear end through though...

Are you still picking up your new wildie soon or are you postponing it till the snow has thawed....just that the roads here are absolutely lethal so take care if you do come. x

Supposed to be picking him up Saturday, but I think we might have to cancel, and rearrange for a later date. I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast and will need to make a decision tonight :(

Naughty Freddy :lol::lol: At least she was catchable...I used to dread Poppy escaping cos she was a nightmare to catch.

Ah, there's a trick to catching Freddy (as Laura knows)...if you make a special kissing/squeeking noise with your lips she'll come over to you! I have no idea why she likes it! :D

Back