• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is he warm enougth?

Toadie

Alpha Buck
Woke up last night when Frodo hopped on the bed. I stroked his ears and found one was warm while the other was quite cold. Is that a sign that it was too cold for him?.

I'd have thought if he's in the huse he'll be fine! Can't be colder than it is in my garden and Smudge is doing fine.

I suppose indoors rabbits can feel cold as they dont have winter coats, just like us really feeling the cold in doors. I know I have the heating on, big fleece jacket and still cold. My dogs shiver at night so wear t.shirt tops and snuggle into.

Maybe he just felt chilly? Doubt it will harm him though considering how cold it is outside and he is indoors.

It's strange that just one ear was hot and the other was cold. If he'd been cold I would have thought he snuggle in somewhere warm. Does he still have one hot and one cold ear? Maybe an infection in one ear? My Vin has cold ears even when she's all snuggled up and obviously warm.

Back