• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binking

Hessen

Banned
My bunnies don't do it :(

They have the whole house to roam around and well looked after but unless they're secretly doing it in the middle of the night, I see no signs of joy from my babies :(

Are they unhappy?

I'm sure it doesn't mean they're unhappy!

How old are they? Some bunnies just don't do it but they have loads of other little signs that they are happy. Do they gently and quietly crunch their teeth when you are stroking them? Do they lie out with their legs behind them? Are there ears generally up and curious rather than laid back on their heads and facing out..?

No, it doesn't mean they are unhappy. Some buns do it more than others. Amber does some very impressive binkies but Ollie only occasionally does some kind of shuffle and swinging of the back legs which is his version:lol:

Mine tend to binky the most when they're first let out into the garden - they usually have a mad few minutes of racing around, lots of binkying and head shaking etc.

I guess if yours have free roam around the house all the time, maybe they don't get that adrenaline rush of a gate opening to lots of freedom and food?

They're 9 months old.

They don't click either, they do lie around a lot with their feet out in the superbunny pose (as below)

But I'd love to see them actually bound around a bit...

1000425.jpg

Last edited:
sedate bunnies

Our current two don't binky either. Our previous elderly Bunster binkied up to his last day, but Buffy and Sausage potter about sedately - perfectly happy - and stretch out in bliss in patches of sunlight, and then hoppity off to a new patch to doze in - very sedate buns. The only turn of speed we see is if we accidentally leave the garage door open and they think they might be able to get in there to cause havoc before we can close it - and still no binkies. We've had Buffy since babyhood and she never binkied. Sausage came from the rescue recently. Both are age 5 now, but I don't think it's an age thing, just their inner nature.

They're 9 months old.

They don't click either, they do lie around a lot with their feet out in the superbunny pose (as below)

But I'd love to see them actually bound around a bit...

1000425.jpg

This is the cutest thing ever!!!

It means your bunny is very very happy! Just very chilled out and mellow too!

I guess if yours have free roam around the house all the time, maybe they don't get that adrenaline rush of a gate opening to lots of freedom and food?

That might be a good explanation!

They do like to wander around the whole house and other than the odd new toy or cardboard box I guess nothing brand new is being opened up for them to enjoy.

My attempts to turn Raisin into an attack bunny aren't working either :lol:

Awww, flopped out Raisin :love:

Carpet digging - no cure I know of, my two do it a lot :roll: Just provide as many toys, chew sticks, piles of tasty hay as possible and hope it keeps them amused long enough to leave the carpet alone!

They have a living area in the corner of the kitchen but are left to roam around the house freely, so without making my house look like a bombsite I can't really cover every square inch of carpet :)

Should I just let them out occasionally? is it bad to let them have the run of the household?!

I've never seen Ruby do a proper binky either, but I'm sure she's happy...
Pipkin has a binky session most days and it's always around 10pm. It's very strange... :?
So maybe your bunnies only have a certain time they like to binky, like Pipkin? :lol:

My girly doesn't do it either, but I've seen Rambo (the boy) going mental when he gets garden time!

I used to think it was because Lola was a little too heavy to get her bunny bum in the air, but she's lost a lot of weight now and STILL doesn't indulge. Some buns are just lazy! :roll:

Back