• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny/human bonding :)

AilsaDS

Warren Scout
As most of you might know by now I'm a new bunny owner but I'm a quick learner & I've been taking things slow and steady with my new bunny, not pushing him or making him have any physical contact apart from giving him little strokes when he comes near me or my son, & only picking him up if I absolutely have to.
I adopted him on 18 Dec so he's been home about 3 weeks now.

Over the last day I've changed his diet a little to encourage him to eat his caecotrophs so I decided to give Phillip his pellets as a treat instead of a meal... feeding him on my knee or my son's & rewarding him with a few for good behaviour.

Overnight he's changed from a friendly but aloof bunny to one who wants to be on our knees & having lots of strokes & nose rubs - & he even laid down next to my feet last night & right beside my legs on the sofa tonight.

I just can't believe the change in him, it's amazing. I really hope it lasts but I suspect it has a lot to do with his favourite pellets as much as him feeling more settled & secure - but I'm still thrilled & soooo happy @ the change in him, I didn't expect this to happen so quickly :love:

Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you all, I'm just sooo happy :love: :love:

&...
My son -13yo who didn't really like/want a bunny - has admitted tonight that he's changed his mind & is a bunny convert :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Oh, that is just lovely. :love::love::love:

I'm so happy that you have bonded so quickly! It's such a wonderful feeling. :)

Now just wait to see how much he loves you when you give him fresh veggies! :lol:

What is his name, by the way? (It's also a law that you provide pictures on this forum!! :D)

:) that's lovely.

recently discovered, at the vets, that my girlybun trusts me. that was a happy revelation!

It's lovely when your bunny bonds with you, it feels so rewarding. My best was with my current bun who was a badly abused rescue bun who had been in the rescue for a year and a half as she went for anyone who came near. Six months on she was a different rabbit although frightened, and now she jumps up on the futon and gives me kisses! It's such a wonderful feeling to know you've made a positive difference to an animals life :D Glad you guys bonded so quickly!

That's great news! :) My Wilm's best trick is jumping on the laptop keyboard and nibbling my hand as if to say 'Oi! Attention! Now!' I wish others would appreciate what fantastic little creatures they are, if they only took the time to put in a little effort. Well done :)

Glad your bunny has quickly boned with you :)

My bunny is my first and it is a really nice when they bond with you. When mine is indoors he jumps up on the sofa with us and sit there and then sometimes gives us a wash! When his outside he will follow you around the garden and sit next to you. He just loves being around us.

:) that's lovely.

recently discovered, at the vets, that my girlybun trusts me. that was a happy revelation!

Hi Happybun, how did you discover that? I think the same thing happened to me... when Ralph was going to get his myxi jab and he was scared, he snuffled in to me rather than ran away...

Hi Happybun, how did you discover that? I think the same thing happened to me... when Ralph was going to get his myxi jab and he was scared, he snuffled in to me rather than ran away...

My bun does the same get really close to me when his scared or ill.

I must say that mine and Benjy's relationship changed after a vet visit, he trusted me more and we havnt looked back. I dont think there is nothing as rewarding as gaining the trust and love of an animal :D

Apart from with Willow,its always took a year for me to bond with my buns.I'm abit like that with people too.Its taken me less than a year to tell Dill I love him so thats a good sign for us.:)

Loved reading your post...it's great when you realise your bunny does need/:love: you. Would love to see some pictures of your snuggle bun :)

Back