• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please tell me I'm not going mad..

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
It's getting late now and I'm so anxious :cry: Last night was a complete nightmare with Boris being poorly and not eating,I went to bed at 6.30 :shock: and only slept for about 5 hours. I've moved his cage into my bedroom to keep an eye on him and to keep him warm since his room gets so awfully cold when it's freezing outside :evil:. Now he seems perfectly fine,eating quite a lot and drinking and pooing etc,has been free ranging in the living room for a couple of hours and did some binkies :love: but I'm still scared..what if he gets worse during the night when I'm asleep :cry:
Is there a reason for me to be worried or have I officially lost my marbles? :lol:

Last edited:
No - us bunny mums were born to worry and you are certainly not losing your marbles!! It shows your a very caring person to worry so much but please try not to!

Since my bonding on saturday I have not slept much - I always have 1 ear open :roll:

I hope Boris is ok tonight xx

Lots of reassurance that you're not losing you're marbles.
I'm so pleased that Boris has picked up.:D:D:D:D

We've just had a difficult time too. I didn't realize just how cold floor level was. Thumper kept verging on "stasis" until I upped the temp in 1 room & kept both of us warm 24/7. Yeah I own up to being obsessed with bunny poops & the lot.

I've a good vet who once commented that a sudden drop in temp can affect house buns more than outdoor buns, especially if they are "stasis" prone.

i dont sleep for about a week after alvins stasis.. cant remeber the last time i sleplt properly tbh :shock:

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one then..in a way :wave:

I seriously worry way too much. He's currently sat there eating like there's no tomorrow but I just can't seem to relax :roll:

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll be OK if you keep the temp up overnight.
I suppose it's easier cos there's only Thumps & me, but I know what he's eating in the dark by the different chewing sounds.
Ahhhh drifting off to sleep to the sound of my bun nomming hay!!! bliss!!

aw hun, it's so worrying isn't it... hence why i sleep in the lounge with them, and jump up at any little sound.... :roll: xxx

How is Boris today?
I've only just realized you're in Sweden :shock::oops: Is the weather worse than usual for you too?

Wow, if you're in Sweden he must have been an iced bun!!!

Great that he's feeling better!

Well yeah it's been very cold lately :shock: And there isn't any heating on in his room because the radiator is broken :roll: Maybe it was the cold that triggered all of this if what your vet said is true? :shock: I don't know if he's ever had a bout of "real" stasis but he's definitely prone to tummy upsets and gas :(
He's still eating and drinking well and seems happy. I'm slightly concerned about the poops though as they still don't look quite normal. And his tummy still seems to be hurting a little bit :(

Back