• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help !!!! Unhappy Bunny

sarah777

New Kit
Hi, can any one help my friends rabbit. She is called casper, white and around four years old. Up until 3 months ago she was very happy but since then her companion rabbit has passed away. She has been very depressed since this time. Due to casper's age my friend does not want to go out and get another rabbit. If there is anyone reading this who would be willing to rehome casper, in a home with at least one other rabbit so she has some company. She is free to a good home, please reply to this post for more details. Our location is near Grimsby. Thank you, Sarah.

Jeez! Casper is still really young, she could live to about 8 or even more, try to convince your friend to get casper another mate and keep them both.

Please don't give the rabbit 'free to a good home' as it may end up as snake food.:(
You can pm SOAD, who is a member here, to place her in the Rabbits in Need section.

Four years old is quite young for a rabbit. I would imagine you could find plenty of 4 year old friends in a rescue for Casper, and then they could both live out their lives happy together. :)

I agree with Sidereus 7 & the other members. There must be lots of buns of that age in rescues. My childhood bun Peter lived to be 14!!
Is there another underlying problem here?

Hi, thanks for all the advice. Unfortunatly my friend is not too keen on getting another rabbit due to the fact that she may soon be relocating to a job in Lincoln and she may not have enough room. Thanks, Sarah

I agree with everyone else. Your rabbit is very young. It seems unfair your giving her away just because shes unhappy :( She really needs a bunny friend.

xXx

4 isnt old. I had a rabbit live to 12. Please ask your friend to reconsider or give to RSPCA, as unfortunately people lie and think a free bunny is a good idea but dont know how to look after them properly. I fear for the buns fate if given away.

We are not just giving the Casper away to any old home, she is much loved but as I stated in my first reply needs rehoming for two reasons. Thanks for all the concern but she will only go to someone with knowledge and experience.

Back