• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi all!

Well, my nickname is Fishy. I have one rabbit, currently(plan on getting her friends - but finances won't allow that right now), her name is Honey. She's a....well, she's a mutt. Lol.

I got into rabbits when I got my first one, a Netherland Dwarf, after my hamster died a couple years ago. He was a bedroom-bunny. I let him tear around my room all day and at night I put him in his cage. I was struck by his personality immediately - he was so curious, a boundless amount of energy. He was always trying to get himself into trouble, nibbling on my air bed, peeing on it, getting into places I had purposely blocked off.

I miss him terribly...he died from what we can only assume was intestinal blockage. He tore into a piece of blanket I had in his cage, stopped eating, and 48 hours later died on the way to the emergency vet. I was heart-broken, my fiance was heart-broken, I kept waiting for him to wake up but he never did.

Anyway... since his death, he's earned the nickname "DragonHeart" since, the night he died, that was the movie I was going to watch with my fiance.

He was buried with a heart my fiance carved out of Balsa wood, and a "wall" to his plastic box that he liked to hide in. Oh, and we also buried him with the bell that was in his cage.

Anywho. After he passed over to the Rainbow Bridge, I got another. A female, this time. And not a Netherland Dwarf. Flicker(reason for my username) had brass and stubborness, Honey, however, doesn't have nearly the amount of brass Flicker had - she's certainly stubborn, though. :)

Honey lives in a 4 foot by 8 foot home-made cage, that gets wheeled outside on nice days and she stays out there for hours, loving the feel of the wind and sun. She gets checked regularly, ears, eyes, mouth, and gets her anal glands cleaned out as needed.

Sorry...this was supposed to be about me - haha......

Well. besides Honey I have 2 cats that are technically "mine" rather...they've identified me as being THEIR human, lol. I also have a guinea pig, and a Deer Mouse I found on the garage floor as an 8 day old pup. He's now a happy, thriving boy that gets fed on my home-made mouse mixture.

I am very passionate about animals, and I love to swim. ...Not that those two should be in the same sentence. I get most of my personality from my dad - and my stubborness from my mom, lol.

I'll make a post in the Story section in a bit why I've come to adore rabbits but for now...this is the end to my introduction.

Thanks!

Hi there, :wave: & welcome to the forum.
I think you'll find that we're all animal lovers on here, as well as bunny crazy in the nicest possible way of course.
I look forward to seeing pictures of honey.

Back