• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frank is having his eye operation / bad news post 69

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
He is an elderly boy so would appreciate a few vibes :D

I guess its not really an eye op as he doesn't have the eye, they are triming back his eyelids and stitching them back together, hopefully it will be simple and quick for him.

Then we just have to cross our fingers that the infection satys away this time :)

Last edited:
Sending more vibes from us in snowy Derbyshire! Hope the operation goes well. Will be thinking of you too. xx

Thank you, we dropped Frank off at the vets about an hour ago. Well that was once we could get out of the garden, the gate was frozen solid, so we were a bit late :lol:

I already have the phone by my side :oops:

Well the vets have just rung with the most strange news :shock: Not particularly good news either :(

Frank still has an eye :shock: It is tiny and deformed but still right at the very back of the socket. They could only find it once he was under and only looked because they throught it was weird that his third eyelid hadn't been removed with his eye.

This now means he needs major surgery as it will be more complicated than a normal eye removal, and they rang to let me know how much the risks had increased :cry:

What the vet and I don't understand is what on earth did the last vet remove when they said they had removed his eye and the abscess behind it???? They are a well know vet with a good reputation too. Very strange :shock:

Back