• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maximus is dead U/D...pictures of my beautiful boy.

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe it. He was having a quiet snooze this morning when I got up. He ate his breakfast with gusto.

......I went up to see him and.....he was lying there....cold. He's dead.

I just can't get my head around it....he was happy, healthy...he was going to be part of a lovely group. He was 7 months old. That's too young to die. He never got to be a proper bunny, with other buns. He has always been alone, or in small, unsuitable housing. I'd booked him in for his neuter. I had a plan.:(

I hope that his ex-wifey bun, and his two daughters are doing really well, and have found a loving home. I daren't go to see if they have...as I know I'd end up taking them, in my weakend emotional state.

I don't understand...what did I do? He was fine this morning. Now, he's gone. I didn't get to say goodbye. WHY didn't I go up earlier to see him...I might have caught him, and been able to change the outcome. I blame myself, completely. I should have been there for him, but I was faffing about at my neighbours.

I can never forgive myself.......I should have done something.:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oh no :( I'm really sorry. That must be such a shock.
I'm sure there's nothing more you could have done. It sounds very sudden. :(:(

Oh no :( I'm really sorry. That must be such a shock.
I'm sure there's nothing more you could have done. It sounds very sudden. :(:(

He was fine this morning.

He was just starting to come out of his shell....he was so loving and affectionate. He'd lick me for hours. I wasn't prepared for this!:(

Oh no! :cry:

How awful for you. I'm so, so sorry to read this. As has been said; please don't blame yourself. Sending you (( hugs )) and thinking of you xxx

Oh no what an awful shock :( Please don't blame yourself - we can't watch them 24 hours a day and if he was fine this morning it sounds as if it something that came on so very quickly that you may not have been able to do anything about it anyway.

So sorry, and big hugs to you xx

Wasn't he beautiful?

169.jpg

170.jpg

173.jpg

181.jpg

177.jpg

183.jpg

184.jpg

Is it possible it was his heart. I can't bear the thought that there might have been signs that I missed!

edit: maybe I shouldn't have de-redded his eyes :roll: He's such a beauty...he was.

He was a stunning boy xxx

Am so choked up now - I've just read Becky's thread about Albert having died too and it's so sad.

Back