• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to put in the Snugglesafe

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
My two snugglesafes arrived today. Will use for first time tonight, but what time do you put them in to have the best effect?

I normally cover the bunnies up before dark, but if I put snugglesafe in then it will be cold before morning?

I dont like going out into the garden late as my lighting is not that good so cant see what I am doing!

Help!

My two have a run underneath their hutch and in this cold weather still sit out.But before i go to bed i put them away in the hutch and close the door to the ramp,though most times i have to bribe them upstairs with a choclate drop.I then put the snugglesafe in i suppose around 11pm it is usually still warm when i open the hatch for the run at 6.30am and they are like toast and sometimes look at me as if to say we are having a lie in this morning go away.

I put mine in for 5min 50 sec (just in case) but it depends on your microwave power:)

I put mine in about 800-8.30pm so it's warm over night and it only just cold by about 7am:wave:

I dont like going out into the garden late as my lighting is not that good so cant see what I am doing!

It doesn't help you right now but I bought a head torch from Wilkos, I forget how much it was - less than a tenner - and it's an absolute godsend as it means I can do the bunnies after dark and still have both hands available :)

Snugglesafe's are supposed to stay warm for up to 10 hours so if you put them in soon they will more than likely be almost cold again by the time the temperature gets to its lowest. Have a look on the 24 hour forecast on the BBC weather pages and see what the pattern of cold temperatures is forecast to be in your area - i.e. is it looking likely to be colder earlier or later during the night.

It doesn't help you right now but I bought a head torch from Wilkos, I forget how much it was - less than a tenner - and it's an absolute godsend as it means I can do the bunnies after dark and still have both hands available :)

I lost my headtorch :( It was soooo useful though!

I put a snugglesafe in at about 11 and it's cooled down by the time I go out in the morning (about 7.30). The bunnies always feel toasty though so I don't think the warmth runs out too long before that. So mine don't seem to last quite 10 hours but I suppose it depends on your microwave power and the temperature outside where you are...

It depends how cold it is. If it's only -3 I won't put them in until midnight so that they are warmest when it is coldest. If it was -10 I would put them in straight away and then wake up in the middle of the night and reheat them.

I just went outside to feed my buns and check they were cosy, and my two nethies were sat outside in their run :lol: I picked them up and they were both toasty warm so they're obviously not bothered here at the moment!

Well me and daughter had fun in the snow laying carpet tiles in the run for extra warmth, tons of hay to snuggle into and fed them.... they seemed to be fine :D

With Inky's joint problems and Smokey's tummy troubles, my two have Snugglesafes pretty much 24 hours at the moment.

At night, I usually put them in at about 8.30-9pm and then get up at 5.45am and put another one in becaue it is often really cold around dawn.

Back